Spring/summer Feeding Plan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring/summer Feeding Plan.

so let me throw this out there for discussion......

we've been feeding Buck Ration protein (corn/soybean mix) for the past few years and the deer love it on our place. this year we are thinkin of putting in a soybean summer plot too. my question is do ya'll think that's a bit over kill or is a combination of the two the best way to go? I think the answer is obvious just looking for thoughts and past experiences

Corn/soybean mix is great to feed, especially from August through March when the deer need high energy feed. Planting a soybean plot provides a higher protein content and is a great summer plot. I think if you can afford both, great. It's all about what you can afford to do for the deer herd but I don't think it's overkill.

Note- you may be able to find protein pellets cheaper than the corn/soybean combo. I prefer the protein pellets for this time of year.

Comment

I feed protein pellets year round and do spring/fall food plots also. Protein consumption drops with rainfall and it drops also when the food plots are growing. Deer will always prefer a good food plot.

Comment

appreciate it!

Comment

The land that I lease has a 65 acre crop that will be planted in soy bean this spring. I am hoping that it will hold the deer on the property this summer. I will let you know how well it does.

Comment

Working...
          X