No announcement yet.

Box blind plans anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it out of 1inch square tubing and sheet metal it cost the same as wood and will last longer.

Comment

I like that idea, Jeremy. Post some more pics of yours including window details if you don't mind.
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

I will take more pics this weekend and post them on here saturday!
        The windows are 18 inches wide and 12 inches tall with a 5x8 smoke plexi glass center.I made them out of aluminum sighns that were already that size.I'll take pics of the inside and out and post em up later.This is a 6ft x 6ft x 6ft tall blind that I bowhunt out of.I can have my wife and daughter in there with me comfortably.I built this blind square and then cut the corner windows out so I can shoot the whole area in front of me,I believe it was a 22 degree angle.I also used aluminum for the floor that way its light and will never rot.I have put 3/4 plywood for the floor and that works just fine also.The sheetmetal is the same metal they use for r-panel just tell the steel people ypu want it before it is rolled.I found that it seals easy and is a hell of alot easier to work with.My door has three hinges and locks with a dead bolt.I also found that after cutting your sheetmetal to fit "paint it black before you put it on" its alot easier and you wont get a crap load of black boggers.The pics I'll post later will hopefuly better exsplain things!I'll make sure and take close pics of the windows on the inside so you can see how they are mounted and sealed "thats important for keeping it water and air tight".

Comment

Box blind plans anyone???

Here is a set of simple plans a friend uses and he has made about 20 of these.

kraftymate
          Last edited by kraftymate; 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I agree with KingsX about the R panel. We built one that way. Just make sure you wear gloves. It helps to have a pair of electric tin snips to cut the stuff. Also, I would suggest some of the foam insulation board (painted) and glued on the inside. This is more for keeping the noise down inside, especially if you kick the wall.

I have one for sale on the classifieds, all you need to do is replace the wood wall covering with R-panel.... If you want it on the ground I would be willing to sell it without the legs or staircase.

Comment

Krafty I like that.Good stuff.How tall at the box base is it?Wheres tha pics Kings???Now to put Kings box on Krafty's tower.............
              Last edited by Cuz; 07-31-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Krafty, would you mind emailing me that sketch so I can see it full size?

Use the email in my profile please.

Comment

Nobody wants to tackle the beast I posted earlier??? I would like to see that thing in steel!

The stands I have built in the past use pipe for the legs with cross-bracing. Build a steel frame for the bottom to bolt your box to with braced 12" sleeves with locking bolts that the legs slide into. This makes it a lot easier to transport.

Have a look at the link to the stand I have for sale in my signature, those are 14' legs that come out. With the size of that stand the short braces are 14' and the long braces are 21'. The cross bracing takes all the sway out of it, and also assists in raising so the legs don't bow on the way up. The cross bracing is attached with self tapping screws.

Comment

Working...
                  X