Hawks Double Mountain Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawks Double Mountain Ranch

Anyone ever been there? My step dad has us a little family get away and a little hunting lined up on the place. Just gonna be a good ol family deal. Going next weekend.

I’ve only been on the outside looking in. It’s a nice big place with cool country. Look like they have some good animals according to their Instagram posts.

Comment

Wow someone has important friends. My BIL was able to hunt it once and from what he said it was very critter rich. I hunted just up the road for several years and have seen red stag, mule deer, whitetail and oryx from the road but that doesn't touch the surface of what's in there. Should be fun!

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Is that the big place right off 70 north of Rotan about 8 miles

If so I have seen some great deer from the road

I can also see there fence line from the back of our property off the double mountain fork of the brazos
          Last edited by Austin; 10-17-2017, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
            Is that the big place right off 70 north of Rotan about 8 miles

If so I have seen some great deer from the road

I can also see there fence line from the back of our property off the double mountain fork of the brazos
            Yes. 20,000 acres but I bet it hunts twice that big.

Comment

I am plenty aware of how big that country hunts we own 960 acres out there.

Like I said there fence is 3/4 to a mile from us. We have good whitetail mule deer aoudad and hogs all free range can only imagine that place from the inside

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                I am plenty aware of how big that country hunts we own 960 acres out there.

Like I said there fence is 3/4 to a mile from us. We have good whitetail mule deer aoudad and hogs all free range can only imagine that place from the inside
                That was for the OP that was asking questions about the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                  Yes. 20,000 acres but I bet it hunts twice that big.

I wouldn't know the difference in hunting 20,000 acres vs 40,000 acres

Comment

Never Been

Comment

Working...
                    X