• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool project! Following for finished pics

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More cleaning and and fixing wires and a hundred little things , also front master cylinder was froze up but back brakes kinda are working. Pretty much got all the stuff off I don't want so now figuring what I do want. Got the carbs cleaned and back on and chopped off those ugly mufflers and a few other not needed bits. Put the harness back in and hooked everything back up and got an old push mower gas tank to use for now. Only problem was when I hooked up the new battery the wire harness lit up on fire before I could get it loose the entire shop was full of smoke and half the wires were cooked. Got a nice burn to show for it , after many cuss words and a few things around the shop kicked over and thrown out the door I was good to go. So I pulled it all back out and rebuilt the harness and got it all back installed and this time no smoke......

Comment

Fix brakes before you ride

Comment

Ordered new front master , flushed and worked back out and it's working great now. And bought some small blinkers , new fuel lines , new plugs , all new brake pads front and rear. Went to a bike salvage yard and bought a few seats and tanks. Cut and worked over the instrument cluster so now just the spedo only...

,,,Sam,,,

Comment

That's really cool

Comment

Comment

More fixing and cleaning and many hours in the shop and it's starting to look like a bike. Also bought some new tires and fork seals and dust covers for the front forks , pretty sure I have went through every system on the bike. It now runs and sounds good so will start getting it together , I salvaged the headlight and tail light to save money. The plan was to build it as cheap as possible , it will have the basics....

,,,Sam,,,

Comment

I just completely rebuilt a 06 Honda vtx 1300 that had burnet

Cheap cycle parts . Com was my best friend.

The whole new wiring harnesses was around 175.

Comment

Getting the junkyard parts on it...

Comment

Setting it up with the used stuff and building brackets so it will fit was fun and frustrating at the same time. So far I have just over $500 in parts and tools and if I charged $1 an hour for labor we are getting to the price of a new Harley..

The tank is an old Harley tank that has been painted several times.

Seat is I have no idea.

Comment

Looking good, gonna be fun to ride.

Comment

Sweet!
                            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Getting my favorite color paint on and fitting stuff..

Have had the old ammo can since I was a kid , will be a trunk and place for tail light and blinkers....

,,,,Sam,,,,

Comment

Nice finds!

Those WR's were excellent trail bikes. I preferred the KDX200 of that era when I was racing woods, but I had one of those WR's and it was a fun bike. This was before I got addicted to European enduro bikes haha.

Cool build on the GS. I have a friend that is building a GS750 cafe racer back in Pittsburgh. They are a solid engine for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X