Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho hum another win

Comment

Stanton went 0-7 with 5 strikeouts in a Yankee loss to the Orioles today.

Comment

On another note, someone besides Giles closed out the game again. Peacock with the 1-2-3 9th.

Comment

After yesterday's crazy game it was a blast to see the boys play some good ball!!! Altuze chased a lot of pitches but his defense was solid. Next stop.......the frozen north!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0867.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	24535667

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            On another note, someone besides Giles closed out the game again. Peacock with the 1-2-3 9th.

Giles reminds me of Brad Lidge. Great until he gets rattled, then crap and inconsistent moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good win...

Comment

QUOTABLE
                "I don't know what the end of game means to you, but to me when we're winning, you're going to see him a lot" -- Hinch, on reliever Brad Peacock, who recorded his first career regular-season save by throwing a scoreless ninth

Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  After yesterday's crazy game it was a blast to see the boys play some good ball!!! Altuze chased a lot of pitches but his defense was solid. Next stop.......the frozen north![ATTACH]903850[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                  It was the pitchers slider they were chasing. It was crazy watching it on tv. When they showed the strike zone there would sometimes be zero balls in that box but two strikes on the Astros batters. Hoping they take their cold weather gear because they will need it. Go Stros!!!

Comment

Nearly game time. It is going to be a frigid one up there tonight. Hopefully DMo tarped the dugout and brought in some propane heaters for the boys.

Comment

Go Astros...

Comment

One of the Houston radio hosts this morning was in disbelief about all the whining some of the Astros we're doing on Twitter about having to play in 50 degree weather with the roof open. I guess tonight in the twenties will put that into perspective.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope JD hasn't unpacked his suitcase..... he looks overmatched every at bat.

Comment

Too cold to swing at good pitches...not cold enough to not swing at bad ones...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                              Wasn't an error, but it was sure funny and rewarding for the Astro fans. New meaning for, over shot the runway. Fisher crossed the plate on the first bounce.......
                              I just wanted to bring this back up. It is a very good example of good base running, I think that should be highlighted in this situation.
                              Go Astros!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

What we need is some dingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X