Range Finder or No Range Finder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Finder or No Range Finder?

Just curious, how many guys carry and use a range finder when bow hunting?

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
    Just curious, how many guys carry and use a range finder when bow hunting?

I do. Couldn't imagine guessing distances and trying to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only use a range finder when I'm doing spot and stalk and only for distances over 40 yards. Under 40 yards I can estimate close enough. This is why I don't use one from stands because I don't shoot over 40 yards from stands and I pretty much know all the distances I'm going shoot from stands.

Comment

I always have one with me. Depending on the blind, and shot options, I may or may not shoot ranges beforehand.

Comment

Range finder

Comment

I do.

Comment

For years I havent had one, and we would just mark off distances. Like, I know the feeder is 25 yards at one set up and the trail to the side is 15 yards etc.

Comment

This will be my first year to use one in 18yrs. I pace my area before season and keep that in mind. Not sure why I will carry one this season but found a good deal and bought one. Probably sell it as it's just one more thing to carry.

Comment

I don't when hunting my lease because I know my shot distances from my stands. If I'm hunting unfamiliar ground( day leases) then I carry one.

Comment

We have 8 bow stands and I use one to range distances to different areas where I normally see deer. If something shows up in an area I haven't ranged I will range it I feel it is beyond 20 yards

Comment

I always have one with me. The feeder is a known distance of 20 yards but out past that I use the rangefinder. Don’t need it with the trad bows as I only shoot 18 yards or less.

Comment

Just like an insurance policy. Better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it.

Comment

I do when I hunt in new spots. I use it to determine distances of landmarks(trail, trees, handcorn, cactus, rock etc.) not for the actual animals themselves, I usually do not have enough time for that. I need that time to draw my bow.

If I am at feeder, i already know all the distances, so dont take it.

Comment

I always have mine with me. It doesn't take up much room in my pack and never know when you will need it.

Comment

Always....

Comment

Working...
                              X