2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    Looking at my permit number looks like we were number 5, 1 out of the money if what y’all are saying is true about taking the top 4 groups.
    Ouch, yes thats how it works, last 2 digits are your draw #

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
      ...I guess I have to ask, but the only cats I have results on, are my 'pending 2nd' on my Archery Deer. But my Archery MD, Jav, Gun Deer Antlerless, and Exotic are still showing "application received". Anyone else have results in those, yet ?????
      That's correct. They said in an email that the other hunts which closed on the 15th won't be drawn until the fix the issue we had today.

Comment

I'll echo a couple of previous posts. It's no consolation but Choke Canyon North Shore is a tough unit. I know things change year to year, but my son had a youth hog hunt there a few years back. Staff had pre-baited areas a few days prior to the hunt and the corn was still there. One kid saw and shot a pig, that was the only game seen.

Comment

This irks me off more than most I think, to be blunt. I've had the most horrible luck with TPWD drawings. Been putting in for hunts every year since 1995, and have drawn one archery hunt (2003), one rifle buck hunt (2012 - 17 PP's), two antlerless hunts, and one exotic (2015 - 19 PP's). I've got 15 archery PP's, since the last time I was drawn was in 2003. I'm starting get ******, since it seems my "donation" every year is just that. Beginning to seem like a shell game.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Ouch, yes thats how it works, last 2 digits are your draw #
            From what I’ve read on it we prob aren’t missing much on that one. Never read so much negative in it until today as far as the tough hunting goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Log View Post
              This irks me off more than most I think, to be blunt. I've had the most horrible luck with TPWD drawings. Been putting in for hunts every year since 1995, and have drawn one archery hunt (2003), one rifle buck hunt (2012 - 17 PP's), two antlerless hunts, and one exotic (2015 - 19 PP's). I've got 15 archery PP's, since the last time I was drawn was in 2003. I'm starting get ******, since it seems my "donation" every year is just that. Beginning to seem like a shell game.
              If it was a shell game you wouldn’t have won anything. Just a lot more people putting in for draws brings down your odds even more. And let’s be honest preference points don’t bring the odds up that much.

Comment

Shell games let you win once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                  I've been an emotional wreck since recognizing that every swinging JoN on TBH was drawn for Choke Canyon knowing there was only 4 permits/groups available.... I knew something was wrong!
                  Today wore me out. I need a beer.

Worst. CHRISTMAS. EVER! [emoji25]🤪🤣

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWayne86 View Post
                    Just looked at my email and I was drawn for an archery deer hunt at Matador Wma. I went online and paid for the permit already also.
                    Good for you. Hope you get a big one. That's a place I really would like to hunt. Make sure to follow up with a hunting report.

Comment

Originally posted by Log View Post
                      If enough people complained I think they would change the game and make preference points worth more/better odds. They modified the youth category this year and heard rumors they may do something similiar across the board next year. Even if they would do this say every 4 years it would give us folks with lots of built up points a much better chance at drawing.

Comment

Originally posted by kactuskiller View Post
                        i’ve been drawn twice with the new system, devils river exotic 2 yrs ago and chap this yr. My 5th tine since 2006 to go to chap. Don’t see anything wrong with the current system. Lots of tbhers have been drawn on many hunts as well last few yrs. I’m sure there has been many mistakes with the old system it just took so long they prob caught the problem before it was made public.
                        Just a thought
                        but its new and all digickal!! :d:d:d:d

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          but its new and all digickal!! :d:d:d:d
                          My problem is not so much with it being digital but rather the odds went into the crapper with the ease of application and no limits on how many times you can apply.
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 08-17-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Anyone have any info on when the categories that weren’t drawn will be drawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
                              Anyone have any info on when the categories that weren’t drawn will be drawn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I'd like to know the same thing. I sent the TPWD Public Hunt Division a facebook message this morning asking about this. The reply was "Drawings are held the following business day after the application deadline." I followed up with saying that I still have applications that closed on 8/15 with a status of "Application Received." The reply was "You can contact the Public Hunting Program at (512)389-4505." I haven't been able to get through at that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde_G View Post
                                I'd like to know the same thing. I sent the TPWD Public Hunt Division a facebook message this morning asking about this. The reply was "Drawings are held the following business day after the application deadline." I followed up with saying that I still have applications that closed on 8/15 with a status of "Application Received." The reply was "You can contact the Public Hunting Program at (512)389-4505." I haven't been able to get through at that number.
                                If I had to guess I'd say they'll draw Monday, but they screwed up so bad who knows!

Comment

Working...
                                X