Question for you blind builders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for you blind builders ?

Looking to build a couple blinds on scaffolding.inside dimensions 7'×5',intering from bottom,thinking about making them shorter in height. 6' tall seems like a waste of space to me, finally the question, has anyone built a shorter blind ,and did you like it.this is for a rifle blind
    Last edited by dxt; 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM.

It's a personal thing, but I like to be able to stand up completely and not have to hunch over.

Comment

I'm hunting out of popups now ,suxs getting in and out but ok when I'm setting down

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        It's a personal thing, but I like to be able to stand up completely and not have to hunch over.
        Ditto. If i'm in a rifle blind, i like to be able to stand and stretch out. If i'm building a blind, it's going to be comfy.

Comment

I'm not a fan of bottom entry blinds, half doors, or not being able to stand up completely. I'd be a lot more likely to cut down on the horizontal measurements than the vertical measurement.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolver View Post
            I'm not a fan of bottom entry blinds, half doors, or not being able to stand up completely. I'd be a lot more likely to cut down on the horizontal measurements than the vertical measurement.
            agreed

Comment

IMO, bottom entry blinds are a PITA unless you can make it big enough that the door is never covered during use. Even in large side entry blinds, you'll have to shuffle chairs, to get multiple people in and out.

As for the height. I'd make it tall enough to comfortably stand up in. It makes everything easier ... entry, exit, moving, stretching, peeing, etc.

Also consider your material usage. Unless you're making it 48" or less, you're not really saving anything (in terms of plywood, if you're using that for the skin) on materials. Studs, you could buy 10' to cut in half for a 5' tall, or 12' long to cut in half for a 6' tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                As for the height. I'd make it tall enough to comfortably stand up in.
                So....4'10"...5'2" maybe?

Comment

We make ours short... we have 2 like this and working on another right now. We hunt out west so the least amount of surface area the better so there is less for the wind to catch hold of. We built them with a shooting bench to shoot handguns from. Plenty comfortable to sit in an office chair from daylight to dark. I don’t need to standup with the chair is comfortable and I can stretch out my legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make mine 6x6 and put them on an elevated 6x8 base so that I have a 2 foot back porch to stand on to get through the door.

I make the front 78 inches tall and the back 76 inches tall (sloped roof) and it fits the deerview deluxe door perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                    X