Bowhunters Paradise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunters Paradise.

Has anybody heard anything about Bowhunters Paradise lately? We are headed down there for the first week of April, and I can hardly wait.

Thanks,
    Chris

Kicker I was there with 5 other guys in January. You are in for a treat.

Our group killed 3 rams, a 4-horn, and 3 hogs. We also saw tons of other animals. We had a blackbuck wounded, a missed fallow, and several others out of bow (or price ) range. You should have a great time.

There isn't a better host anywhere around than Jim Titchenell. Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Comment

I'm goin back for my 4th trip in a week and a half. I was last there in Sept. My buddy got a BB, Ram and two hogs!!!! I got a great hog and messed up on both and ram and an Axis. Both my fault but I guess that's why it's called hunting and not killing. Jim is great. You'll have a blast.

Are you also going for turkey in April? The place is loaded with them.

Comment

I hunted there last april. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! Jim is the greatest and a very good cook. The best guide that I have ever met. He absolutely gets no sleep when he has hunters and he works his tail off for them. If you shoot a hog get him to cook some of it for you. I would love to go back sometime. FYI we did kill a rattlesnake the first day we were there. PS I will advise you that the place is full of hogs and that I think the best stands for them are around the windmill in the back. Good luck. I know that you will have a good hunt.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm really excited. My buddy, and I are going on the paradise safari, and yes we will be going after turkeys. I'm extra excited about that. I'm really looking forward to a chance at a turkey with a bow.

Chris

If y'all have any pictures do you mind putting a couple up on here?

Comment

Here's a few. First is my blackbuck from 07. Then my ram from last month. And some others from our group last month.
            Attached Files

Comment

hey Kicker, can you give me some information about this ranch, where is it, do they have a web page?

Comment

http://www.bowhuntersparadise.com is the website.

Comment

Jim is an awesome guide and person to be around. I don't know about his Culinary talents though. HAHAHA. Inside joke, just ask about Andy the Chef when you speak to him.
                  You will have a great hunt!!!

Comment

What is the success rate (your opinion), Do they guarentee you a shot, and how many acres is the place. Is this place like so many others, where they have feeders in areas you cant hunt. I have been through that before and it is not fun when you hunt hard just to see all the animal where you cant hunt.

Comment

If somebody guarantees you a shot it ain't hunting. 1100 acres, nice house to stay in. Jim cooks for you, skins, quarters and will debone your animals for you. Hell of a tracker and one of the best tracking dogs I have seen. There is no better deal out there right now. Shot a great Corsican ram that is being mounted right now. 200 pound sow that is sausage in my freezer and a spike that is also sausage. I saw probably 20 whitetail bucks of which a handful were shooters but not what I was looking for. He has some muy grandes in there. A 143 was taken the week before I got there. I saw lots of animals every time on stand. He does have protein feeders that you can not hunt unless you are going for a Red Stag or Oryx. It's called hunting not killing and the killing part would only depend on your bow hunting abilities. He has trophies of every sort in there, I've seen them.

Comment

There are no guarantees on this place. It was designed and is managed to be a truly wild hunting experience. Jim has well established herds of the various animals on the place and he will do his level best to get you a shot. As stated the only non-huntable areas are the protein feeders.
                        If you're interested in the place check out their website and give Jim a call. He will be very up front in helping you decide if his place is right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by StikSlinger View Post
                          What is the success rate (your opinion), Do they guarentee you a shot, and how many acres is the place. Is this place like so many others, where they have feeders in areas you cant hunt. I have been through that before and it is not fun when you hunt hard just to see all the animal where you cant hunt.
                          When we went, Kelly Stanford made the initial arrangements. The prices seemed too good to be true, so I called Jim myself. He told me that he guaranteed that I'd see animals but getting a shot off was out of his hands.

Four of us went and hunted for four days. One guy saw a red stag that was so tame that it wouldn't leave his feeder even when he walked up to it. Other than that, no one from our group saw ANY exotics (deer or blackbuck) while on the stand. Two of us saw and shot rams (from the same group), and one got a cotton tail.

After it was all said and done, he denied ever saying that he guaranteed that we'd see animals.

Just my experience ... take it for what you will.

Comment

Hey, I remember that trip Texas taxi, that was the same trip that I shot my Black buck on! And as I recall, another guy shot one that trip too! Matter of fact, that guy shot a black buck 2 hogs and a ram! Feb 2006, that was a great trip! So sorry you had such a bad time, but that's hunting! The rest of us had a great trip and have gone back again and again and are going in 2 weeks! But I guess that's why they call it huntin not shootin out of the back of the truck!

Comment

Hey Keith ... long time no see! Hell, I haven't even talked to you since I gave my OPINION of the ranch based on MY hunt.

One day you're going to realize that just because Jim's your bestest buddy doesn't change the fact that I think ...

BOWHUNTER'S PARADISE SUCKS!

And the funniest thing about it is that there's nothing you can do to stop me from telling everyone I know (and even some I don't know ) what a lousy place I think it is! That first amendment is a wonderful thing!

I hope you have fun on your again and again and again trip in 2 weeks.
                              Tell ole Jimbo I said "HI"!

Comment

Working...
                              X