No announcement yet.

Youth weekend... makes me sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to allot of TPWD youth hunts with my son, and saw a couple of dads like that.. They come back into camp dragging their 6-7 years olds who can barely wipe their nose.. and each of them "Killed" a deer.

Comment

Call it in. That's BS!

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
        Went to allot of TPWD youth hunts with my son, and saw a couple of dads like that.. They come back into camp dragging their 6-7 years olds who can barely wipe their nose.. and each of them "Killed" a deer.
        Most of those hunts have a guide with the adult and child.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
          I agree with your thoughts , but why on earth would it be okay for 6 year old to kill anything?
          I was honestly just trying to avoid the whole age argument that got started lol. I think it's a case by case deal on age. But he didn't even have his boy with him. Just an excuse to use a gun 2 weeks early.

Comment

I agree with your thoughts , but why on earth would it be okay for 6 year old to kill anything?

6 seems young to me but if I have a boy one day (or girl) and he wants to shoot a deer at 6 I’m dang sure gonna let him. Will most likely be a doe and not a wall hanger but as soon as he shows interest in hunting I’m taking him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mobowhunter View Post
              I was honestly just trying to avoid the whole age argument that got started lol. I think it's a case by case deal on age. But he didn't even have his boy with him. Just an excuse to use a gun 2 weeks early.
              Sorry that I high-jacked brother.

Comment

My goddaughter killed her first deer 2 years ago at the age of 5. She put one right through the heart at 60 yards on a nice mature doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                  Never seen that and I have been on countless ones thru the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                    No they dont

Comment

Why wouldn't it be????? My six year old has a crossbow and rifle, but this state doesn't allow youth to hunt until age 12. We have to go to Texas for her to hunt.

If the kids ready, they are ready. She's been wanting to hunt since she went on a bighorn hunt two years ago. Been working with her ever since.
                      Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 10-30-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                        Just talked to a friend and he shared this story from this weekend. The lease manager on his place took his son out this weekend and they came back with a young spike. Young hunters first deer so the high fives and good jobs were going out at camp. When everyone is standing around the young boy says "Dad, why did you shoot it in the back?"

Makes my blood boil. What a great example this person is. Breaking game laws is bad enough but to do it in front of your son is just awful.

Like I tell my 5 & 3 yr. old, Always do the right thing even when no one is watching.
                        Well since y'all are in Tom Green county and from time to time a San Angelo warden visits this site it might bite him in the ***

Comment

I really don't like the whole youth season deal,#1 it messes up open weekend of gun season cuz a lot of people in the woods shooting,#2 it messes up last weekend of bow season with all the activity ,#3 A bunch of people use their kids to get a first crack at a buck and claim the kid shot it, And Tell the truth if you really are all about the kids getting involved you should give up your opening weekend hunt for them. Right !
                          I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                            6 seems young to me but if I have a boy one day (or girl) and he wants to shoot a deer at 6 I’m dang sure gonna let him. Will most likely be a doe and not a wall hanger but as soon as he shows interest in hunting I’m taking him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            My 5 yr old has been in the blind with me since he was 2. He asked for a rifle a couple years ago and I told him I would buy him one when he was 6. He hasn't forgot and I've had his rifle in the safe for about 6 months now. He will be ready to shoot one next year for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              Well since y'all are in Tom Green county and from time to time a San Angelo warden visits this site it might bite him in the ***
                              This happened closer to the metroplex.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Tamales View Post
                                This happened closer to the metroplex.
                                Doesn't matter they have a social media division that monitors this site.

Comment

Working...
                                X