No announcement yet.

Friday Gun ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These top photos show the camera and spotting scope mount for the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.

I thought it was interesting. I was able to review my shots and see where I missed if I did not catch that in the optic. One thing I need to work on is getting the camera to stay oriented during recoil with the 308. That is not a Reaper grip issue. That is a camera mount equipment issue

This is a fascinating little SBR. It is a Bushmaster Carbon AR-15 with a 7 & a half inch barrel and a Wilson Combat whisper suppressor on the end.

There's something cool about waking up in the morning and walking out on the porch and starting with 19mil of elevation and the 400 yd

My oldest son is shooting his great-grandfather's Savage Mark 2 in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip. My youngest wanted to shoot his BB gun. We have a lot of work to do before they can use open sights reliably

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of pigs hit. Found these 4.

The number one lesson is shot placement. Even with a 308, it is not the magic finger of death and you have to aim and pick where you are going to shoot the pig. If you shoot them in the wrong place they will run off. Some of these pigs were shot in the right place and they still ran off.

Equipment used. POF P-308, IR Hunter Mk II 20mm, Dead Air Sandman L, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover, Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre, Team Wendy Exfil, TNVC PVC-14.

www.wildriverranchllc.net 6.8spc w/ a 12.5" Kotonics chrome lined barrel & Wilson Combat Whisper suppressor. TNVC D-740 NV sight on top.

All dressed up for his 2nd pig hunt. I put the flir rm24 Recon in my six year old's hands so he would be able to see and interact as the hunt progressed

I believe that is the exit wound. If you look at the video this pig was shot in the rear as he was turning around. He ran 50 yards and dropped. My youngest was very brave to walk through the edge of the forest to get to the clearing where we found him. POF P-308. Even with a 308, shot placement is important.

This was the second pig of the night. He ran about 75 yards before he dropped and died.

Spine shot with a 6.8.

3rd pig shot on the run with the P-308

I'm using the flir rm24 Recon and the Colt lights AMRAAM 1200 to search for dead pigs in the brush

Comment

That little 1919 is cool. I bet it's a hoot.
        Ammo is nice and cheap, too.��

Comment

Friday at the Range. Conroe pig hunt.

#diepiggydie Shot in the head.

The 308 win with Federal 165 grain trophy bonded projectiles continues to impress.

POF P-308
          IR Hunter Mk II 20mm
          Dead Air Sandman L
          Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover
          Colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre.

Third Coast Thermal provided the IR Hunter.

Federal 165gr Trophy bonded projectiles.

Comment

Friday Guns. #DiePiggyDie. POF P-308, a Dead Air Sandman L a Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover with a IR Hunter Mk II from Third Coast Thermal.

I got this one on the run at about 125 yards after missing his head.

This was the perfect head shot.

I was using a TNVC pVS-14 in a Wilcox mount on a Team Wendy EXFIL ballistic helmet. I believe this is the most comfortable ballistic helmet I've ever worn.

Comment

Friday Guns . . . . Hurricane Harvey style. Hodge Defense AU mod 1

Comment

Friday Guns. Shooting The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover the Savage MkII w/ Dead Air Mask HD in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip.
                Rocking the Citizen NY0040 on the wrist.

@third_coast_thermal provided the Steiner R1X and the Reapergrip.

Comment

Friday was the first nice, comfortable day at the range that we've had since the end of April. The perfect day for sighting in one of the rifles.

I used some Surplus 147 grain NATO 308. Got what I believe or a couple of respectable groups for that ammo

Friday at the Range: The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover in the Kopfjager Reaper Grip. Using the spotting scope camera mount to film what I'm shooting.

The new Steiner r1x had no problem hitting a 12in plate at 100 yd when zeroed at 50m. I'm going to see what ranges the lower four red dots correspond to at a later date

Enjoying a new cigar. A Drew Estates Muwat Kentucky Fire Cured cigar. It had a different taste to it. But it wasn't bad at all. Sitting on top of a Vortex Razor Gen II 4- 27

The POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover next to the Remington 700 w/ magpul bottom

Box of awesome. Day, night long and short distance!

Comment

Comment

SC - How do you like the DA Sandmans? I'm leaning that direction when I scrub up enough $$ to make the plunge.

Comment

More from Friday
                        Box of Awesome. Short Long and night! POF P-308, w/ the Steiner R1X, Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor

Remington 700 in a Bell and Carlson M40 stock w/ MagPul bottom and a Dead Air Sandman L with the Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. Put together by Pitchford Gun Works.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          SC - How do you like the DA Sandmans? I'm leaning that direction when I scrub up enough $$ to make the plunge.
                          I've been very happy with mine. The mount is great. Never stuck the can on one yet. Sounds good to my ear.

Comment

Friday at the Range. Sighting in two thermal Weapon sights and a hog hunt with no hogs.
                            Sighting in for a hog hunt . . . Hodge Defense 16"" AU Mod 1 16" w/ Surefire socom556rc & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal. It's in a kopfjager reapergrip on a Slik tripod.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.

Managed to hit the bolt on the steel from @418plates.

Watches at the Range: Citizen 67-9356 8110a Bullhead Octagon. A Perdomo Habana was the cigar of the day.

Sighting in for a hog hunt . . . Hodge Defense 16"" AU Mod 1 16" w/ Surefire socom556rc & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover. The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal. It's in a kopfjager reapergrip on a Slik tripod.

The colt Lights Microtac M-sceptre will be installed for tonight's fun and games.

Comment

Hunting hogs. Invited to some property in Trinity County by friend in a client. Unfortunately, there was no wind and the moon didn't come up until 4 in the morning. The Hogs did not move. In fact nothing was moving for 5 hours

Two Hodge Defense AU Mod 1s with Surefire socom556 cans & Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover.

The thermal is an IR Defense Snipe IR clip on from @third_coast_thermal.

#diepiggydie Hodge Defense AU mod 1, IR Hunter Snipe IR, Rifles Only HAD suppressor cover on the Socom556sb. Team Wendy exfil w/ a TNVC pvs-14 on a Wilcox mount.
                              The IR snipe-ir is a loner from @third_coast_thermal

This is the snipe IR in front of the Leupold day optic. Once you get used to the position it's not hard to Upright the snipe IR. The one caveat to that is it's been hard for me to reach forward while looking through the day optic to see where I am out of the menu without the rifle mounted on a shooting sticks or some other object.

The camel backpack on the ground with the team Wendy exfil helmet and the tmvc pvs-14 and Wilcox mount. The Deep Woods Off was equally Mission essential as batteries. The mosquitoes were out in force.

Waiting on the hogs in thermal.

This photo shows the DVR setup that allows recording from the snipe IR

Hog hunting with no hogs. I am running the IR defense snipe IR clip on thermal weapon sight in front of a Leupold mark 8 1 to 8 cqbss.

#diepiggydie. No hogs for me in Trinity County, but my friend in Montgomery county used his day old, new Pulsar APEX from @third_coast_thermal to take This hog. This is on a 10.5" 5.56 SBR and a YHM QD Phantom. Neck shot. Ran 20 yds and stopped. Used hornady soft point. Sounded like someone hit a mattress with a cain pole each it time

Surefire 2011, the wristwatch flashlight. This is another piece of gear that I consider to be essential. It's one of those items that when I first got it I kind of scratched my head and wondered how useful it would be. Over the last few years I don't go on a hunt without it

I've had the snipe IR for a couple of months, I've not been able to use it in the field until tonight. The image is good. As I've learned to work through the menus and change the settings, I found this to be a very usable clip-on. I am able to get good resolution up to 6 power with the Leupold Mark 8

Last edited by SC-Texas; 10-07-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I wasn't there on Friday but made it on Thursday before a bow hunt for load development on my 308.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X