My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Crockpot Venison Pozole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Crockpot Venison Pozole

We had this few weeks ago and I reheated the leftovers on Sunday night. I loved it. Coach could have gone without the hominy. Hominy is like cilantro, I think. You either love it or you hate it. I love it.

And of course I love my crockpot...

Click image for larger version

Name:	28 Crockpot Venison Pozole 420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	25104734

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you Mrs. Stacy

Comment

Originally posted by Bheimann92 View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong but are you Mrs. Stacy
      In my former life. Now I'm just Noel or Coach's Wife. How are you? (Hard to tell from your pic. This is Brett, right?)

Comment

Blayn yes ma'am I'm good tell coach I said hello hope both of y'all are doing well

Comment

Originally posted by Bheimann92 View Post
          Blayn yes ma'am I'm good tell coach I said hello hope both of y'all are doing well
          Ahh, that was my second guess! Good to hear from you!

Comment

Thanks for the link to My Wild Kitchen. The recipes for the various wild game are very helpful. Trying the one for Slow Roasted Venison Backstrap tonight.

Comment

In the fall and winter seasons i can eat pazole everyday. Matter of fact i have a batch of red Chile pork marinating now . Using dried or frozen pazole might help change the minds of those that don't care for it. Has a firmer texture over the canned version.

Comment

Originally posted by TMain View Post
                Thanks for the link to My Wild Kitchen. The recipes for the various wild game are very helpful. Trying the one for Slow Roasted Venison Backstrap tonight.
                I appreciate hearing that, TMain!

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                In the fall and winter seasons i can eat pazole everyday. Matter of fact i have a batch of red Chile pork marinating now . Using dried or frozen pazole might help change the minds of those that don't care for it. Has a firmer texture over the canned version.
                I've never heard of dried or frozen pazole. I'll have to look for it. Would Wal-Mart carry it?

For Coach it's the masa-y flavor that he doesn't care for. My sister suggested using cauliflower instead to get a similar texture without the hominy flavor. Sounds crazy to me but for the anti-hominy eaters it may work, although we'd probably have to change the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                  I appreciate hearing that, TMain!

I've never heard of dried or frozen pazole. I'll have to look for it. Would Wal-Mart carry it?

For Coach it's the masa-y flavor that he doesn't care for. My sister suggested using cauliflower instead to get a similar texture without the hominy flavor. Sounds crazy to me but for the anti-hominy eaters it may work, although we'd probably have to change the name.
                  I know the local Wal-Mart's here have the frozen. They usually stock it next to the frozen red and green chile cases. Maybe a regional thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X