Prasek's smokehouse out of Sealy...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prasek's smokehouse out of Sealy...?

Anyone tried them? I've waited too late in the season to go to my normal smokehouse. And before all the DIY'ers chime in, I've tried it...and I suck...and all I need is pan sausage and burger [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty good from what I remember!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heb sells it.

Comment

It's very good . My son had about 300 lbs of sausage made last year. 40 venison 60 pork.

Comment

Excellent. They’re new to Sealy but have been on 59 south of El Campo for 40ish years.

Comment

They have been all we have used for the last 20 years in Hillje. Get 60/40 sausage spicy. It is really good.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and get 2 bags of jerky while you are there. 1 bag peppered beef and 1 bag turkey. I had no idea you could actually make turkey taste that good

Comment

Have used them for several years to process my deer and they do a great job. Only thing that stinks is the deer has to be skinned and quartered for them to accept it. 0Since my deer lease is only 15 minutes away, it would be nice to just field dress it at the lease, load it in the truck, and drive it to the processor.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  Excellent. They’re new to Sealy but have been on 59 south of El Campo for 40ish years.
                  Yessir.

If they’re anything like el campo I’m all in

Comment

I got a price sheet for processing last week and their prices are very reasonable. They will also cure and smoke entire hams or backstraps. My buddy has done it before and it's unbelievably good!

Comment

Went there after every duck hunt when we hunted in Louise Great food

Comment

Had two deer processed there this year, have been using Hillje to process duck meat for years. You won't be disappointed in quality or price.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                          Had two deer processed there this year, have been using Hillje to process duck meat for years. You won't be disappointed in quality or price.

Process duck? Assuming into sausage?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                            Yep, out of Hilje.

Never had anything bad from there and their peppered Turkey Jerky is incredible. And they’ll ship it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              Process duck? Assuming into sausage?
                              Yes they process fowl. My buddy just took all of his geese from last season and they made the best jerky I have ever had. Makes me want to keep every goose I kill now. No wild taste at all.

All their processing is still done at the original smoke house in Hillje. They send everything for processing there that comes into Sealy.

Comment

Working...
                              X