help building camp beds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help building camp beds

looking to build some twin size camp bed frames outta wood anybody have any ideas , input or pictures you would like to share thanks

has anyone ever built any bunks outta 2x4's not bunk beds twin over twin just single type bed for a cabin wanting to build instead of buying some cheap over seas made twin beds or futons

Comment

We built bunk beds, 4x4 posts and 2x4 frame with plywood base for each bed. If you can, buy army surplus beds.

Comment

do they still sell old army bunks? I haven't seen any in years but I haven't been really looking either.

Comment

I've built some. Just as stated above. Build a box, some 2x2s on inner perimeter as support and some slats to support plywood. Easy and fast.

Comment

Buddy of mine actually built his hanging off the wall. This was for his beach cabin. Just framed off the wall studs.

Comment

Here's an idea that would save floor space when they're not being slept on. You could do this out of 2x6s and 2.8s for the uprights and make the ladders out of 2x4s. The mattresses fit inside the 2x6s.

Comment

Yes I have. Google it and you will find 100s of images of different ways to frame a bed out of 2x lumber. I have made my kiddos each a lofted bed out of 2x material for under $100 including all wood, screws, and paint. For something at the lease, you could easily make a bed out of $40 or less.

Comment

A buddy just outfitted their new bunk house with extra long twin beds. Just something else you might think about. Always hated my feet hanging off the bed. Might get the mattresses first to get the measurements to build the frames around them.

Comment

thanx guys keep them coming I like that fold away bunk idea for the kiddos

Comment

Looking at the drop down beds beds for kids, I'd figure a way to have a bolt go through an upright and put a pad lock on it- if they played around and released it, it could come down hard and hurt one of them.

Comment

that is a neat design and the lock makes great sense for kids

Comment

We have a small 8 x 10 cabin that I built twin beds for yesterday. I wanted them to be high enough to have storage underneath.

They are not connected but will be positioned like an L in the cabin so that the remainder of the floor space can accommodate a small table

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	24399643

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	24399644

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	24399645

Comment

When I get home I will take a pic of the bed I made for my son's room. Real easy to make.

Comment

cool idea keep them coming guys I'm no carpenter but I have some skills and tools looking for inspiration and ideas for strength and simplicity thanx

Comment

Working...
                              X