Barndo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndo question

Pretty simple question can guys that have them tell me how much you payed per sq ft? How much you did yourself? And of course pics...thanks corey

Ttt

Comment

Did you perform a search for Barndominium?

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        Did you perform a search for Barndominium?
        Yes sir found 3 or 4 and they’re all over the place saw one for $12/14 and one for $80 hoping to get more than 3 or 4 estimates, and a little better scope on price. Hope that clarifies

Comment

Closer to 85-98 a sq foot. Depending on how tricked out

Comment

Ours is 2400 sq ft living with 1200 sq ft of porches. We were in between 150-160k that's with granite throughout knotty alder cabinets and doors spray foam insulation 5 in thick on exterior walls and roof. Tiled showers stone island and huge stone fireplace. We did a bunch of the work ourselves so saved a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              Ours is 2400 sq ft living with 1200 sq ft of porches. We were in between 150-160k that's with granite throughout knotty alder cabinets and doors spray foam insulation 5 in thick on exterior walls and roof. Tiled showers stone island and huge stone fireplace. We did a bunch of the work ourselves so saved a ton.
              This is where I’m hoping to be. I can do everything but tie in the electrical and plumbing myself. I think I decided I’ll hire out concrete pouring, all electrical, and all plumbing though. I’m getting to where I don’t like messing with it as much anymore.. Do you mind sharing pics as well as what you subbed out?

Comment

We have roughly $70 per square foot in ours. I have done a lot of the interior work myself. My cost includes the septic and water well.

-john

Comment

I had a 30’X50X14’ bolt up metal shop with 3.5”rolled insulation, 3 12’X25’ roll up doors, one entrance door, 3 windows, plumbed up for a shower/bathroom and 2 driveways pads at two of the doors. Total cost was something like $40,600.00 and some change. Rated for 90 mph winds and it’s located north of Lufkin, tx. I had it built approximately 2 years ago. I haven’t got around to finishing the inside yet due to our new home build (not a barndo).
                  All prices are give or take a couple hundred.

Pad prep. $3400.00 had a significant grade
                  Concrete. $5.50 per square ft plus driveways
                  Building erection $5.50 per square ft.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    This is where I’m hoping to be. I can do everything but tie in the electrical and plumbing myself. I think I decided I’ll hire out concrete pouring, all electrical, and all plumbing though. I’m getting to where I don’t like messing with it as much anymore.. Do you mind sharing pics as well as what you subbed out?
                    I posted some pics awhile back when we were building you may find them on a search. Ever since photobucket went to crap I haven't figured out how to post pics. I will try and figure it out again.

We spent 300k total 120 on the land and 180 on the house septic well ECT. Well cost us 16k septic was right at 6k I think and can't remember what we spent on base for the driveway. We subbed out the concrete metal work plumbing and framing. We had family do the concrete and metal work so got some good deals on that. I did all the electrical trim work hung doors painting sheetrock ( subbed the tape and float) stained my concrete ect. I GCd the entire project and worked out great.

Comment

Depends on the % of sq ft of living to shop. If it is going to be 100% living I would guess in the $60-80 range. Really depends on how nice you want to make it. You can have a $10K kitchen or a $60K kitchen....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        Depends on the % of sq ft of living to shop. If it is going to be 100% living I would guess in the $60-80 range. Really depends on how nice you want to make it. You can have a $10K kitchen or a $60K kitchen....
                        So true. I have a 3400sqft shop already built and am in the middle of a 3900sqft DIY barndo. Doing most things myself. Did have the slab, spray foam and HVAC done.
                        Finding out the sky is the limit on fixtures/finishes etc. Bought a Kohler bathtub and 3 Delta shower assemblies that were about $3K last week.

Comment

So $80 being a high end custome look

Comment

We finished ours last year. 1200 sq ft of shop with 2 14 ft doors. 1600 sg ft of living area downstairs and 876 sq ft upstairs. We paid a GC 8,000 and kept up with project and coordinated his guys. We ended up just over 200,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
                              We finished ours last year. 1200 sq ft of shop with 2 14 ft doors. 1600 sg ft of living area downstairs and 876 sq ft upstairs. We paid a GC 8,000 and kept up with project and coordinated his guys. We ended up just over 200,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X