No announcement yet.

Toyota pickup or Polaris Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for everyone's opinion. I decided to buy it. Everything checks out great. Check engine light comes on and it's just a sensor.
    My daughter wants me to keep the ranger as well. Not sure if I need a taco, ranger, 4 wheeler and a tractor.
    Most of the terrain on my place is rocky with a few creeks to cross. Very little mud. I have had a dozer widen all narrow roads that could or would limit me in the taco.
    I am looking to get the taco painted or spray on liner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good choice. When it's raining and cold, you'll be smiling.

Comment

This thread makes me want to get an older Tacoma for Mexico. 4x4 and a high rack.

Comment

I agree with Chance...get 'em both! My TBH son has a Ford Ranger (single cab) and he and a buddy are adding a Trooper for this coming year. Our Ranger Crew UTV will go places both of these won't but yep...get's cold and hot in the UTV.

One thing the UTV let's me do, only rifle hunt these days, is move around...corn a sendero, wrap some cheap camo around the front and hunt? Don't get me wrong, I'd love the heat or AC but it's fun for me to find different spots besides the Stand & Feeder and take a shot from the Ranger. Just another thought?

Comment

Tacoma with a heater all the way!!

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              I would go with the taco, no dust, A/C, heat can't beat them. While it's not a taco, that's the reason I chose this little dude.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
              That's a cool ride. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                I sold my 2 ranger crews and bought a Tacoma Pro.
                It will not go every where a Ranger will due to weight. I stuck it up to the doors the first time I took it to the woods.
                Other than that I have been very happy with it. Just the dust alone make it a much better hunting rig. I always hated my guns and bows getting covered in dust
                [ATTACH]907494[/ATTACH]
                Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                  X2

Terrain and lease layout is a big deal. Considering this differs greatly between properties across the State, there's no right or wrong answer.

I hunt one place that's thick river bottom land. A small truck or Jeep wouldn't get to a couple feeders out there. There's no ranch roads, just pathways we have cut or naturally made from driving through. Some years it's wet/muddy before and during deer season. Pathways are often rutted up and there are a couple creek bed crossings as well. A Ranger will plow throw with no problems.
                  I agree with what you said. My ranch is really perfect for the ranger I am just getting tired of being cold and wet during hunting season. Both have there pros and cons. Probably keep both.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Why not both? There are pro's and con's to each one. I'd keep your Ranger, and buy the Toyota also. You will appreciate both of them in different circumstances.
                    Probably will keep both. In the process of adding on the existing shop so there will be plenty of room for both.

Comment

No question . The Tacoma has been a quality vehicle for some time!

Comment

Another vote for Tacoma. I am currently on the look for one.

Comment

I have both and never use the utv. Something else to consider is noise. I road hunt and with the utv it's so much louder. I like to be sneaky and the tundra is pretty dam sneaky.

Also I keep it loaded with all the ranch stuf. Nice to role up and out without packing and packing more at the ranch.

Full bed for coolers, dogs, and dead animals. A sound system that works every time.

At the ranch I can drive 90% without any issue. More than likely I will trade the utv for a golf cart. More sneaky = better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                            I have both and never use the utv. Something else to consider is noise. I road hunt and with the utv it's so much louder. I like to be sneaky and the tundra is pretty dam sneaky.

Also I keep it loaded with all the ranch stuf. Nice to role up and out without packing and packing more at the ranch.

Full bed for coolers, dogs, and dead animals. A sound system that works every time.

At the ranch I can drive 90% without any issue. More than likely I will trade the utv for a golf cart. More sneaky = better.
                            I am going to keep the utv because my wife and daughter insisted. I see me using the Toyota a whole lot more. As you mentioned all the stuff you need is in the back. No more loading and unloading.

Comment

Originally posted by JAGR View Post
                              Another vote for Tacoma. I am currently on the look for one.
                              Good luck. They are out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X