Live hunt Matador WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heath View Post
    I have always wanted to get drawn for this hunt. Keep the updates rolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    TPWD says this hunt is next week oct. 23-27, what are you guys doing down there a week early ???
    Last edited by bossbowman; 10-20-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      TPWD says this hunt is next week oct. 23-27, what are you guys doing down there a week early ???
      He is on the WT Archery hunt. MD archery is next week.

Comment

Ahhh, didn't realize they separated the 2 now, back when I drew this hunt you could shoot either/or. That kinda sucks for the mule deer guys next week, people romping all over this week already.
        Last edited by bossbowman; 10-20-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
          Nothing this morning but thank we found a honey hole. Moved blinds and about to head back. About 300 yards to the right is a food plot where we saw bucks fighting from a distance our first night glassing.

I love that type of country...best of luck

Comment

Well no luck but it will still go down as my favorite hunt to date. It is some very pretty country especially when my normal hunting grounds are in Victoria. Saw tons of animals every day but no shots. Heading home then I will post a little recap. Also, if anyone gets drawn for this hunt feel free to pm me as I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of some areas. Thanks for following along!

Comment

THANKS for taking us along & have a safe trip home!

Comment

Well no luck but it will still go down as my favorite hunt to date. It is some very pretty country especially when my normal hunting grounds are in Victoria. Saw tons of animals every day but no shots. Heading home then I will post a little recap. Also, if anyone gets drawn for this hunt feel free to pm me as I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of some areas. Thanks for following along!
                THX for posting this. I drew GDE for Nov 6. Will PM. This thread was excellent . THX for sharing!

Wes

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
                  Let me know if Chip still the manager up there?

Yes he is, super nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiewes View Post
                    THX for posting this. I drew GDE for Nov 6. Will PM. This thread was excellent . THX for sharing!

Wes

Got your pm and will respond on Monday when I get back to my laptop so I don’t have to type it all on my phone, lol. I will also send you a link to where I bought a great map for around $20 that really came in handy and was better than the one they had at the main office

Comment

Live hunt Matador WMA

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                      How close to your spots can y'all get vehicle to? Not familiar with Matador at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The roads pretty much just go on the out side of each unit so it’s up to you how far you want to walk in. Each spot we had a “blind” set up was between .8-1.5 miles off the road but we also had multiple creeks to deal with which made direct routes hard to come by. Talking with other hunters most were just hunting a few 100 yards from the road which probably explains why we saw more than most. Also would average about 5 miles a day just walking around but we really explored our unit.

Last edited by krausejmk; 10-20-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Safe travels home and thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Comment

Yes he is, super nice guy
                            Hahaha, I see you haven't seen him when there's a game violation afoot, he's super protective of those deer out there

Comment

Live hunt Matador WMA

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                              Hahaha, I see you haven't seen him when there's a game violation afoot, he's super protective of those deer out there

Yeah I could see that, he definitely wasn’t giving up any tips for us hunters. But he seemed nice enough and I don’t plan on violating any game laws [emoji6]
                              Last edited by krausejmk; 10-21-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the posts/pics and letting us tag along!

Comment

Working...
                                X