No announcement yet.

Backup bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got back bows for my back up bows. I’ve got 6 hanging in my closet now. In the process of tuning them & getting them ready. Just never know what might happen.

Comment

I bought a backup bow just for this purpose. Having a bow out of service at a crucial point in the season can really suck.

Comment

I don’t have a true “backup”. Rather I have two in constant rotation and I indiscriminately switch between which ever of the two has the hot hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have two bows, both Elite Hunters, identically rigged except for stabilizers. Why? Because about 6 years ago as I was lowering my bow (only bow) after a morning hunt, the rope broke and it fell about 6-8' and hit a limestone ledge, breaking the top limb. Went to the bow shop and heard the news---"6 weeks to get new limbs and install them." So, I said to myself, let's see what Fred has on the wall in a used bow. Did I mention I'm a lefty? That means there is little likelihood of finding a bow with the right DW, DL, price, etc. Fortunately, Fred had a LH Hoyt on the wall and I was back hunting with only the loss of about 2 days. Vowed to myself, "ain't gonna happen again" and that's why I have a pair of bows, either of which can be primary.

Comment

Working...
          X