Spring Turkey Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Turkey Lease

Do these exist for spring Turkey only (no deer rights). I have always wondered if leases offered spring turkey leasing only or if there were leases where there were more turkey hunting than deer. So many places go unhunted for these birds.

Following

Comment

Yes. There's a guy here that routinely leases his place for Turkey. I believe it's in mason county.

My dad is on a lease in Sonora where they lease out the entire 5 thousand acres to a group of 4 hunters with run of the place, cabin and hogs for the first two weeks of season.

It's a sub-lease to help pay the community protein bill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        Yes. There's a guy here that routinely leases his place for Turkey. I believe it's in mason county.

My dad is on a lease in Sonora where they lease out the entire 5 thousand acres to a group of 4 hunters with run of the place, cabin and hogs for the first two weeks of season.

It's a sub-lease to help pay the community protein bill.

By chance are hunters from Alabama? My nephew brought me to Sonora last Turkey season to a lease that does exactly what you’re describing . My question was somewhat loaded in that I already knew this type of arrangements do exist .

If my memory stands correct I believe they only had the place for about a week . I’m starting to get interested in trying to have something for the entire season and it to be more like a lease membership versus a week thing .

Comment

Fallowing

Comment

We have done a few 3 Day unguided type hunts in the off season but not a full season lease.

Comment

How cool would it be to have a lease or a camp where there was big acerage, many turkey and a crew of passionate callers?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                How cool would it be to have a lease or a camp where there was big acerage, many turkey and a crew of passionate callers?
                It'd be absolutely awesome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have that with our deer lease .. You just need the passionate turkey hunters to like deer hunting too.

I think we put 13 maybe 14 birds on the ground the first two weekends
                  Last edited by Smart; 07-22-2018, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    We have that with our deer lease .. You just need the passionate turkey hunters to like deer hunting too.

I think we put 13 maybe 14 birds on the ground the first two weekends
                    Yes sir. I have a place we own in Polk County ... kinda done hoping for eastern (kinda sad, but maybe one day). I do get to hunt Rios on TBgscorer’s place in Mills County (good turkey hunting), but it might be time for a lease out that way for deer and turkey. Polk County Pine Donkeys get scarce by Thanksgiving anyway!

Maybe I need to find a full on deer/turkey lease and be that member that is mellow about the deer hunting?

Comment

By chance are hunters from Alabama? My nephew brought me to Sonora last Turkey season to a lease that does exactly what you’re describing . My question was somewhat loaded in that I already knew this type of arrangements do exist .

If my memory stands correct I believe they only had the place for about a week . I’m starting to get interested in trying to have something for the entire season and it to be more like a lease membership versus a week thing .
                      No they're from Texas and simply love to hunt birds. They're all on a deer lease together with no Turkey. They put 8 toms on the ground this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        No they're from Texas and simply love to hunt birds. They're all on a deer lease together with no Turkey. They put 8 toms on the ground this year.

Sounds like a great deal. I like the sound of something year over year permanent. It’s amazing how much ones calling improves by simply knowing the lay of the ranch you were hunting.

Comment

Working...
                        X