Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you okay with shifting majority numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treestand View Post
    If Republicans ever want a president, they need to take more of a live and let live approach on social issues. A fiscal conservative who stays out of people's bedrooms, keeps his religion to himself and concedes that abortion is legal can win with overwhelming support.
    A voice of reason. Thank you.

We need more reasonable Republicans (can't use the word moderate because some conservatives have made it a bad word).

I'm putting my helmet on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Rand Paul comes to mind.
      I know. I think he would have done much better if he had better stage presence. He looked like a real doufus in the debates. Plus he was on the wrong side of military / foreign policy issues.

Comment

Been thinking about this most of the day...Thanks for posting Tommy.

I feel our founding fathers were genius & have this system in place for a reason. Maybe even this very scenario. Here are the two scenarios I see happening.

~Trump gets 1237 & secures the nod. Right now I think (even though it sticks in my craw) this would be the best outcome. This way the whining would be minimal & we have a general that will put the top two in an election that gives us at least a possible chance of beating Hillary. Hear me out...as much as I distrust Trump because of his past not aligning with what currently comes out of his mouth, it shuts him up & we have a fair fight.

Otherwise, I personally feel Hillary is a shoe in & Trump will be 100% to blame because he is a selfish, narcissistic cry baby who doesn't like the rules of the game established & understood.

~Look, if Trump does not win the nomination outright & Cruz is picked, we already know that his ego will not let him bow out like a gentleman & say I don't like it, but that is how the founders set up the game & what the delegates decided. He will trash the agreement he signed.

Don will run as third party (Likely to be called the 'Trump Party') and KNOWINGLY hand the most important election on record, mostly because of the SCOTUS issue to a Hillary win with our EC vote...The witch will walk back into the white house with around 40% of the popular vote. I still cannot fathom how so many people could support her??

Trump supporters don't care & will follow the Trump Party all the way to a Hillary win...it's maddening. Our delegate system are the rules & while I can understand how losing the nod when you have the most general votes going in, those delegates have every right to vote for who they feel is the best leader for the Rep party.

Trump is an intelligent fellow & would be cognizant his 3rd party will secure the presidency for the dems. Why??

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
          But you are wrong. Trump is still winning states and most of the delegates. Cruz is losing no matter how you spin it. That is the dilemna. Even staunch conservative Pat Buchanan is agreeing that if Trump falls just short and has millions more votes than Cruz, Trump should get it:
          http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/724636
          Buchanan is not a staunch Conservative, he is a staunch Populist. And he has been totally in the tank for Trump for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            So your saying that you are ok with the delegate votes being the only deciding factor??? Why vote? Just let the delegates decide.

This mindset is very scary......
            OK, so apparently you don't know that the convention delegates have decided who the Republican Party nominee is in every presidential election the Republican Party has ever had a candidate in. That's how it works - every time. There is nothing scary about my mindset. The party picks a nominee according to the rules established by the party, and those rules have always said the party delegates vote to determine who the nominee is.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Been thinking about this most of the day...Thanks for posting Tommy.

I feel our founding fathers were genius & have this system in place for a reason. Maybe even this very scenario. Here are the two scenarios I see happening.

~Trump gets 1237 & secures the nod. Right now I think (even though it sticks in my craw) this would be the best outcome. This way the whining would be minimal & we have a general that will put the top two in an election that gives us at least a possible chance of beating Hillary. Hear me out...as much as I distrust Trump because of his past not aligning with what currently comes out of his mouth, it shuts him up & we have a fair fight.

Otherwise, I personally feel Hillary is a shoe in & Trump will be 100% to blame because he is a selfish, narcissistic cry baby who doesn't like the rules of the game established & understood.

~Look, if Trump does not win the nomination outright & Cruz is picked, we already know that his ego will not let him bow out like a gentleman & say I don't like it, but that is how the founders set up the game & what the delegates decided. He will trash the agreement he signed.

Don will run as third party (Likely to be called the 'Trump Party') and KNOWINGLY hand the most important election on record, mostly because of the SCOTUS issue to a Hillary win with our EC vote...The witch will walk back into the white house with around 40% of the popular vote. I still cannot fathom how so many people could support her??

Trump supporters don't care & will follow the Trump Party all the way to a Hillary win...it's maddening. Our delegate system are the rules & while I can understand how losing the nod when you have the most general votes going in, those delegates have every right to vote for who they feel is the best leader for the Rep party.

Trump is an intelligent fellow & would be cognizant his 3rd party will secure the presidency for the dems. Why??
            Trump will whine less if he gets the nomination. He will lose to Hillary though, so it won't matter.

If Trump doesn't get the nomination, for whatever reason, he will whine a LOT, and then he'll run an independent/write-in campaign out of spite. His worshippers will vote for him, and then Hillary will still win.

We're gonna see Hillary as the next President, all because of Trump. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Yep, you're exactly right. And the reason is so that a factional candidate doesn't win the nomination without securing a majority of the delegates, whether that be before the Convention or at the Convention.

The part in bold is all that needed to be said.

Don will run as third party (Likely to be called the 'Trump Party') and KNOWINGLY hand the most important election on record, mostly because of the SCOTUS issue to a Hillary win with our EC vote...The witch will walk back into the white house with around 40% of the popular vote.
              I know it's a popular opinion that Trump will just run as an Independent if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Problem is, it ain't just that easy. Read up on "Sore Loser" laws. There are already multiple states he wouldn't be able to get onto the ballot in, and many more will be that way by the time the Republican National Convention has come and gone. And the even bigger reason he won't run Independent is because of the $. He is not spending several hundred million bucks of his own money on an Indie bid, and he won't have the party fundraising apparatus to help him raise money. No, an Indie bid is a fun conspiracy to talk about, but it ain't happening. Trump is much more likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary than he is to run as an Independent candidate. And if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, I actually think he is quite likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                OK, so apparently you don't know that the convention delegates have decided who the Republican Party nominee is in every presidential election the Republican Party has ever had a candidate in. That's how it works - every time. There is nothing scary about my mindset. The party picks a nominee according to the rules established by the party, and those rules have always said the party delegates vote to determine who the nominee is.

Trump will whine less if he gets the nomination. He will lose to Hillary though, so it won't matter.

If Trump doesn't get the nomination, for whatever reason, he will whine a LOT, and then he'll run an independent/write-in campaign out of spite. His worshippers will vote for him, and then Hillary will still win.

We're gonna see Hillary as the next President, all because of Trump. Mission accomplished.
                Even if he did know, he doesn't care, because....TRUMP SAID IT'S "RIGGED"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

It will be a lot less painful (for me, right now) to see her win against the nominee who won the 1237 delegates vs. a Ross Perot scenario the he KNOWS would happen by running as a 3rd. That is the problem with narcissism, he will throw the nation under the bus to punish those who didn't support. It's all about me!! Still, no problem voting for him if I have to.

A Hillary presidency is so scary...I hate this election. Hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                    , an Indie bid is a fun conspiracy to talk about, but it ain't happening. Trump is much more likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary than he is to run as an Independent candidate. And if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, I actually think he is quite likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary.
                    I don't know...if I was going to place a $20 bet with you on this, I would go for an independent run.

What would Trump supporters say if he put support behind Hillary?? I would hope to at least get an apology.

~~~~~~~~

I'm baffled that no pole has him winning against her if he gets the 1237...really creepy the nation would go that way. Yeah, I like Cruz over Trump for what I feel are solid reasons, but love Trump over her. Crazy!!

Hate this election.

Comment

It will be a lot less painful (for me, right now) to see her win against the nominee who won the 1237 delegates vs. a Ross Perot scenario the he KNOWS would happen by running as a 3rd. That is the problem with narcissism, he will throw the nation under the bus to punish those who didn't support. It's all about me!! Still, no problem voting for him if I have to.

A Hillary presidency is so scary...I hate this election. Hate it.

Yep. A Trump presidency is just as scary though. Maybe he'd be slightly better than Hillary on some things, but having him in the White House would mean Republicans would get the blame for his craziness. The Dems would regain control of the House and Senate. Trump would nominate liberal Supreme Court justices - maybe slightly less liberal than Hillary's nominees, but the end results would be the same. And with the Dems in control of Congress, Trump's liberal judges would get appointed easily.

At least with a Hillary presidency, the Republicans would be far more likely to maintain control of Congress - maybe even increase their majorities. And they would be more likely to fight against all of her mess. I completely understand that McConnell and the other RINOs won't put up a fight, but at least we'd have a chance to get more actual conservatives in leadership positions in order to start putting up an actual fight. That's our best hope, other than Cruz getting the White House (which isn't likely, because of the idiot Trump).

Comment

I know it's a popular opinion that Trump will just run as an Independent if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. Problem is, it ain't just that easy. Read up on "Sore Loser" laws. There are already multiple states he wouldn't be able to get onto the ballot in, and many more will be that way by the time the Republican National Convention has come and gone. And the even bigger reason he won't run Independent is because of the $. He is not spending several hundred million bucks of his own money on an Indie bid, and he won't have the party fundraising apparatus to help him raise money. No, an Indie bid is a fun conspiracy to talk about, but it ain't happening. Trump is much more likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary than he is to run as an Independent candidate. And if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, I actually think he is quite likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary.
                        I think he'll run independent. He will do it out of spite and to make money. He will hit the campaign donation circuit hard, and he'll say he doesn't feel bad about doing so because the GOP was so unfair to him, yada.... He will know he will have no chance to win, but he will just do it to get back at the GOP and to make sure his old pal, Hillary, wins. He won't have to spend a lot of the campaign donation money that he will take in, because in that scenario, the media will continue to prop him up with loads of free air time, like they've been doing all during the primary. They will do that for ratings, and to help him get enough votes to make sure Hillary wins.

However you slice it though, Trump and all the insanity that surrounds him is Hillary's ticket to the White House.

Comment

Trump is much more likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary than he is to run as an Independent candidate. And if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, I actually think he is quite likely to campaign for and endorse Hillary.
                          What people will believe to support their own points of view may be the scariest thing that has come out of this election process. I cringe every time I see someone suggest this.

He may not be conservative enough for a lot of people, but he is a Republican and is in fact leading by a significant margin the GOP primary race for the nomination. And for all the bashing of him and his supporters, which by the way significantly outnumber those who support Cruz, maybe its time the rest of GOP look in the mirror at where it is failing instead of assuming that everyone who disagrees with them is an idiot. Wait, perhaps that is a big part of their problem.

While I am not buying that the system is rigged, it is certainly questionable and I can't imagine our founding fathers signing off on the GOP nomination process. The rules are set after the primaries and before the convention. Bizarre. For what purpose? Fairness win it suits the GOP. Undue influence when it suits the GOP. It is a very strange process to say the least.

Comment

Trump O Phobia anyone?
                            Lol!

Wait until he signs little Marco up for vice prez and gets his delegates to put him over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              Trump O Phobia anyone?
                              Lol!

Wait until he signs little Marco up for vice prez and gets his delegates to put him over the top.
                              Anything to beat the witch...Trump / Cruz unlikely, but please give me hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                                What people will believe to support their own points of view may be the scariest thing that has come out of this election process. I cringe every time I see someone suggest this.

He may not be conservative enough for a lot of people, but he is a Republican and is in fact leading by a significant margin the GOP primary race for the nomination. And for all the bashing of him and his supporters, which by the way significantly outnumber those who support Cruz, maybe its time the rest of GOP look in the mirror at where it is failing instead of assuming that everyone who disagrees with them is an idiot. Wait, perhaps that is a big part of their problem.

While I am not buying that the system is rigged, it is certainly questionable and I can't imagine our founding fathers signing off on the GOP nomination process. The rules are set after the primaries and before the convention. Bizarre. For what purpose? Fairness win it suits the GOP. Undue influence when it suits the GOP. It is a very strange process to say the least.
                                Lots of the founding fathers were opposed to having political parties altogether. And the Republican Party didn't come into existence until almost 80 years after the nation was founded, so the founding fathers were all dead by then. There is nothing in the Constitution that dictates how political parties have to function. Each party sets their own rules for how they function.

Obviously, both parties have some crazy rules and processes. But they are what they are - and they are what they have been before this year as well. Some reforms in both parties would certainly be welcomed by most people. Still, for this election cycle, we have the system that we have - like it or not. Whoever works through the system most effectively will win the party's nomination, good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X