No announcement yet.

Wife's out of town-help a brother out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll ask my house keeper in the morning for ya!

Comment

Sounds like a trip to Mervyns.

Comment

Ummmmm........what

What are those white baskets with clothes in them?????

Comment

I think I may have once seen a room like that in my house but I may be mistaken.

+1 on a laundromat with wash & fold service by the pound.

Comment

There is only two ways to get them all on hangers by themselves again.
            1. Ask your wife to do them when she gets home.
            2. Put all your shirts and pants in there at once then pour that whole bottle of CLOROX on them and push that start button. Then go to Academy (or your favorite store) and you will see them on hangers. VaaaaLaLaLaaaaa. See its magic!

THANK GOD and her parents for my wife. She is the GREATEST!!!

Comment

Here are some laundry directions for men:

Place one shirt, one pair of pants and one pair of socks/underwear in the machine that has a water hose going into the back of it.

Pour 1/2 of a cap full of laundry detergent on top of clothes.

Turn dial to wash, then wait for machine to make a lot of noise and maybe shake a little bit.

When machine gets quiet, take clothes out and put into the machine that has a big vent hose coming out the back of it. Set timer to about one hour then push start button.

When machine gets quiet, remove clothes and put them on immediately, while they're still warm.

Repeat process when you need more clean clothes.

Hope this helps you until your wife gets home

Comment

Originally posted by dadogg View Post
                You have to open the door to the box on the left and the one on the right and then when you shut the lights off the clothes will jump into the left box. Tomorrow night open the left box door again and place some hangers on top of it, turn off the light and the next morning WALAAAAAA the clothes will be done. It is kind of magical
                So that's what those boxes are for !! But my boxes are different, they both have front doors with windows.

Wait, is that where the clothes cleaning people live ??

My wife and kids are gone to Michigan, left last week and will be gone till the 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                  May I humbly suggest you find the closest laundromat with a bundle service? Most charge by the pound so if you can do the blue jeans and towels yourself that will save a ton of money. Plus, those are the easiest to fold or hang while stuff like socks and underwear are labor intensive.

P.S. We'll be praying for you.

LWD
                  THIS^^^^^^ Did it when I was single and you cannot beat it!!!

Comment

Your screen name is poptart... I'm sure you know all about house cleaning and laundry duties.

Comment

Step 1: go to a department store that also sells furniture.
                      Step 2: find a pretty young lady that works at said store
                      Step 3: tell said pretty young lady that your wife is out of town and you need complete set of clothes for the next XYZ number of days. Give her your pant/shirt size and tell her to make you look good.
                      Step 4: surf the GS on your phone while lounging in a recliner in the department store while the lady acquires new duds
                      Step 5: Give the young lady the credit card for the purchase and some greenbacks for her extraordinary customer service
                      Step 6: wear new clothes until the Mrs returns. Buy her some flowers and kindly ask her to send the dirty clothes through that automated washer/dryer contraption.
                      Last edited by StrayDog; 06-13-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

I think I know what might have gone wrong. The box on the right is most likely not meant for clothing. I'm not sure what a washer is, but when I put my dirty clothes in the big white hamper at my house (I admit, it looks a lot like the box you're mistakenly putting your clothes in), they always make it back to a hanger in my closet.

So you may be expecting some sort of washing to happen in the so-called "washer," but I'm pretty sure what you need to find is your hamper. It could very well be the big white box on the left.

Good luck and God's speed!

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                          Your screen name is poptart... I'm sure you know all about house cleaning and laundry duties.
                          poptart is because he is a poptart eatin fool oh and watch out for your fingers if your eatin a granola bar in front of him

Comment

A good wife would have left a friend to handle such duties

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                              "Pop-Tart" cause I like pop-tarts...it has nothing to do with house cleaning...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by tx_poptart View Post
                                "Pop-Tart" cause I like pop-tarts...it has nothing to do with house cleaning...LOL
                                See I told ya

Comment

Working...
                                X