Old!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang you guys are old.... i'm only 55

but all ways remember it's the "dash" that counts.........

Comment

24 years to go here.

Comment

Im 40, been shooting since I was 8 years old. All of it has been trad, with the exception of a 5 year stint when I lived in Iowa. Nothing wrong in my opinion if you wish to shoot a compound, but for me, the love of archery involves me and trad equipment. While in my compound days, I grew quite tired of the unsatisfaction of never getting that bow or myself absolutely perfect. Even when shooting indoor 300 rounds, a 300 score was never as fun as a 240 score with my recurve.

Comment

I ain't admitting to being old but when I was born MobyDick was still just a minnow.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            I ain't admitting to being old but when I was born MobyDick was still just a minnow.
            Wait a minute! "Old as Dirt" has just entered the house.

How ya diong, Steve?

Bisch
            Last edited by Bisch; 06-16-2012, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Only 36 here and unfortunately haven't been shooting trad all my life but I dang sure wish I had.

Comment

Just got an email from a high school classmate (Class of 1965). We are having a MediCare party at the end of July.

Comment

I look like I'm 60+ but I'm only 52 and counting. I shot a lot of rabbits as a youngster with a Bear "kid's" bow. Shot field archery in those days and remember seeing the first compounds come around (Allen, Jennings, et al.) I stopped shooting at age 16 when our club closed down. Didn't pick up another bow until my son was a teenager and wanted something more challenging to hunt with than a rifle. Got us a couple used compounds (never had shot one before). That lasted a couple years then it wasn't challenging enough for him so I bought a couple used recurves. Been shooting mostly trad since then (he's almost 29); still break out the wheels and even the smoke pole once in a while though.

Comment

28 to go here.

Comment

50 soon, so 10 plus more before I can make that claim. In trad years, I am still a pup. Started shooting recurve and longbow open categories at TBOT and local club shoots a little over a year ago. We have allot of fun at it.

Comment

Closing in. 57 here.

Comment

I'll be 66 on Sept 26.

Wayne

Comment

This is Arvin. I'll be there in a year and a half. I didn't start trad until 2004. Shot a lot of game with a rifle before that. I love trad and all my trad buddies.

Comment

Yep, I'm there, but the good news is that I don't look it. Well...maybe...

Comment

65 in August.
                                Like the Grateful Dead song -
                                "What A Long Strange Trip It's Been!"

Started sticks & string around 10yo W/a broke Shakesphere fiberglass bow I found.
                                Tip broke off so filed slots in the end coated with airplane glue to keep glass from unraveling. Hardware store had a string w/ loop on one end and aother end I put the loop where it needed to be. Wood arrows were 25 CENTS at Western Auto.
                                Killed quite a few rabbits with it and a few squirrels.
                                Finally got a 49# Red Wing Hunter when in hi school.
                                Did the wheelie thing in late 70's and went back to all traditional in mid 90's.

Comment

Working...
                                X