Water Softener Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Softener Options

Tired of buildup on stuff but not sure I can install a water softener. Water comes into the front corner of the house and goes to the attic. I assume that leaves no options if the thing can’t sit outside and carrying bags of crap into the attic isn’t s great plan- could that even work? Do I have any options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In our last house, I put ours in the attic. It was over the garage, and right next to the attic access ladder. It really wasn't a big deal to tote the salt bags up there.

We got our system from www.qualitywaterforless.com

Comment

My neighbor has one that is outside. He has used it for several years with no issues.

Comment

I've seen lots of people put them in one of those small tuff-shed structures on the side of the house. The attic isn't a terrible spot as long as access is easy and there is room.

Comment

get one that goes by water flow not by a timer. You will save salt this way.

Comment

https://www.kinetico.com/ is what I have

Comment

If you have pex lines in the attic,trace incoming supply closest to the garage before any tees for other fixtures. Cut in and run over to garage for softener loop then back to where you cut in to reconnect. Saltless youre ready for install. If salted you can run the drain line up 10' as it is pressurized and over to the closest vent with downhill grade and tie in with some fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                That's what we have & love it!

Comment

We've got ours just sitting on the side of the house, like the AC unit. Haven't had any problems other than houseguests refusing to get out of the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie Dad View Post
                    That's what we have & love it!
                    X3

Comment

Working...
                    X