No announcement yet.

how many stop bow hunting after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunt 99% exclusively on my deer lease and pig property. It's just a personal preference. I've had folks ask me in the middle of October if I'm going to hunt the opener. I'm like the opener has come and gone?.....The first week in November doesn't even register with me after being on a bow lease for 10 years until the guns start going off.

The only time I pick up a rifle is on an invite where a rifle is required or there are no bow stands. If I need meat at the end of the season, I have pulled out a rifle and head shot a doe or two occassionally. However, I've gotten to where I let the lease members' kids do it for me with my tags with a gun or bow. They like to shoot stuff and I like the meat and can sit at camp and cook and drink....win win....
    Last edited by Smart; 10-16-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I haven’t picked a gun to hunt with since I picked up a bow in 2011

Comment

I have shot all the deer I want with a gun. Been bow only for 5 years now.

Comment

I'm on a bow only lease, so I am limited there, but I do rifle hunt when I get the once a year invite to my wife's distant family's property in Webb County.

Comment

Shot my last white tail with a rifle in 2008. Haven't felt the desire to pick it back up since. There is a slight chance I might bring the iron sighted 45-70 to the stand a time or two this year, not likely though.

I'll shoot the dickens out of pigs with a rifle.

Comment

I try to bow hunt most of the year, but anytime it's under 35 degrees out I start second guessing myself. There is nothing about a tripod that is warm, but my box blind sure is.

Comment

I dont own a rifle that is sighted in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
                  Rifle comes when I bring my girlfriend. If not, im in a bow stand/blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Except I bring the bow with the wife.

Always bring the gun with the girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    I dont own a rifle that is sighted in.

That sucks!

Y'all keep passing them far shots and I'll keep shooting them. I learned a long time ago to use the tools available to even the odds. Bow hunt before the gun hunters get out there and gun hunt the rest of the year. Black powder during black powder only season.

Last edited by Black Ice; 10-16-2017, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I hunt on 40 acres with my dad and grandparents. So with 4 people I am the only one that bowhunts so I take the advantage to an extra month of season, and then switch to the rifle once November hits. I have yet to take a deer with my bow, mainly because we do not shoot does on our place with it being so small and being surrounded by people who only shoot does. (sounds like a warzone first weekend of November).

Planning on bow hunting more whenever I am out of school next year.

Comment

Bow hunt only when conditions are right. 10 years on my lease and I've only taken one buck with a rifle. If I pull out the rifle I'm stalking or sitting in a box blind sipping whiskey with a buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
                          Question or two. how many only bow hunt. put it down and take up the rifle after season ends. or just hunt the rifle season only?
                          I will gun hunt a couple of times...99% bowhunt

Comment

For me, it's always Bow Season and never gun season.

Comment

I always bow hunt year round even during rifle season, BUT atleast 2-3 times during the general season I'll pick up the rifle. Usually its for a pig thats outta ways.

The rifle is always out there in the truck when I hit the woods. Just in case I need to reach out and touch a critters soul.

Comment

Bowhunters bowhunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X