Kansas is home for the next 8 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incline View Post
    Hang in there KYBourbon. Some people throw stones before thinking about who all reads this. My first thought was a TX game warden that's on this site probably blew him in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    You think TX GWs know Kansas regs on varmits?

Comment

Just got reading....tough break. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        There was that link to a Kansas hunting site where he reported a corn pile and a game Cam to the GWs that same day... so there is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That is not proof that he reported this incident. It's merely speculation

Comment

Read this thread this morning and the one on facebook. I'm really sorry you have to go through this OP. Sad deal, honest mistake, and they want you hanged. Keep your head up and keep on hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            That is beside the point. Look, I teach my kids to be responsible for their actions. Don't blame it on anyone else when you did what was wrong. The OP seems to understand this. He made an honest mistake, and he is dealing with the punishment. I've been there myself.

Now a bunch of others have come along and want to hang somebody that claims he didn't blow him in, but just made him aware of the issue. I don't know what happened, but I do know that this is not how I would deal with the situation and hope my kids wouldn't do it either.

Has anyone taken the time to see how many people read this forum. You really think you can pinpoint the snitch. Honestly, I don't like snitches but don't go deflecting blame on the snitch. Regardless of intent, the blame lies on the guy who got the ticket and no other. He is taking it like a man, and I think others should follow his example.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              They're online for Public viewing, just like this website is.

Comment

Originally posted by KYBourbon View Post
                Ok. I’ll say it again. I didnt report the OP. Again, I think he made a mistake. Me posting on another forum about an unrelated topic has nothing to do with the OP.

Whoever posted that link from KS must have just forgotten to post the 2 other threads about THIS BOBCAT from that site. I made no mention of it there. But I guess I’m the only person living in KS to read TBH right? Makes sense.

I’ve been called a snitch, a rat, and now suggested I be banned from the site. All because I posted a link to a legal regulation. Nevermind that I had nothing to do with this cat, I’m 200 miles from Trego Co. (Had to look it up because I’ve never heard of it), but the judgment here has been unreal.

I’m a criminal I guess.
                Note that those direct comments (and a few indirect threats) have been deleted. Several have stepped up in your defense.

IMO, there's a difference in a hunter making a seemingly honest mistake (killing a predator out of season/without proper license) and somebody likely knowingly baiting in an area where it's not permitted, although probably not in the eyes of the law. I'd probably be inclined to PM one and possibly report the other, especially if discovered in an area where I'm hunting as opposed to hundreds of miles away or posted on an internet forum.

"Benefit of doubt for a 'site brother'" applies both ways.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

As for a "snitch", in the past I have been contacted DIRECTLY by both state and federal game wardens (including an incident that occurred in KS) for infractions that they discovered while monitoring this and/or other hunting forums. Trust me, if a direct infraction is posted on the internet, they will find it, snitch or no snitch.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    As for a "snitch", in the past I have been contacted DIRECTLY by both state and federal game wardens (including an incident that occurred in KS) for infractions that they discovered while monitoring this and/or other hunting forums. Trust me, if a direct infraction is posted on the internet, they will find it, snitch or no snitch.

BooM

Comment

Thanks Michael. Thanks to all those who came to my defense.

OP I apologize for not PMing you. It honestly was not my intention to get you in trouble. Lesson learned for me.

Comment

Again fella's..He paid his due..Spoke with a state/fed badged Kansas official of some degree..Gonna pay the fine,etc...Get off his ***.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

OP I apologize for not PMing you. It honestly was not my intention to get you in trouble. Lesson learned for me.
                          You were trying to do the right thing. . Some guys just can't wait for a chance to show how tough they are on the internet.

Comment

I killed a game bird with a b.b. gun when I was 10..I put a few more bb's down the barrel,and when he left the wire,Bam!
                            I'll never tell on any of you,if on your death bed....You confide in me how many Mockingbird's you've killed in your life..Killing woodpeckers is very much against the law..Call me an Outlaw,cuz some folks(birds) just need killin'.

Comment

Like I said amigo,you're good.

Comment

Wow, just read all 8 pages. OP, you have a great sense of humor and took your licks like a man. I'd buy you a beer any day.

Comment

Working...
                                X