X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are max sustained winds now?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      That's never stopped the media. Heck the weather channel started naming winter storms a few years back, which is ridiculous

Yep. The more tools the media has to scare the public the better they feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        What are max sustained winds now?
        175MPH currently with the 10AM Update from NHC. Hispaniola likely inhibiting Inflow a bit, and been in an EWRC for a while so winds have come down a little. Still incredibly dangerous. Also, Conditions look ripe for further strengthening in the Bahamas and on approach to Florida, assuming minimal interaction with Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          That's never stopped the media. Heck the weather channel started naming winter storms a few years back, which is ridiculous
          gotta have that hashtag bro

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
            175MPH currently with the 10AM Update from NHC. Hispaniola likely inhibiting Inflow a bit, and been in an EWRC for a while so winds have come down a little. Still incredibly dangerous. Also, Conditions look ripe for further strengthening in the Bahamas and on approach to Florida, assuming minimal interaction with Cuba.

Still well into cat 5 territory during EWRC and land interaction. ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Miami codes are going to be tested ...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                Miami codes are going to be tested ...
                Not just Miami, but the entire state woke up after Andrew and revamped their codes. I've tested for quite a few different contracting licenses and Florida and most of the other states I've tested in don't hold a candle to how difficult Florida's tests are to pass.

Now, whether or not the inspectors held up the codes standards is a completely different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                  Probably the same illegals that built South Texas Nuclear near Bay City
                  Neither my dad, or brother are illegal and worked the nuke for years. Nor are any of the dozen or so guys Ive met that worked alongside them

Comment

I have a trip to universal studios in orlando planned for a week from saturday. We fly in on the 16th. Should I plan on changing my plans?

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
                      I have a trip to universal studios in orlando planned for a week from saturday. We fly in on the 16th. Should I plan on changing my plans?

Comment

I have a trip planned for Islamorada in 2 weeks. It may not even be there.

Glad I bought trip insurance for this exact reason.

Comment

You serious, Clark?

Comment

NHC just shifted Irma further south on its latest update which would result in landfall further west in Fl. Worst case scenario for Miami on most recent update...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasFlyer03 View Post
                              About to have a mass exodus of F16s from Shaw AFB in SC. Had a meeting today and the prediction is that it is going to be bad here. Don't blame the AF for wanting to move 3 billion dollars worth of jets.
                              Just had a mental image of F-16's lined up to fuel up, but "out of Jet-Fuel" sign on pump.

Comment

No..
                                Carry on!

Comment

Working...
                                X