Tripod suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod suggestions

I am going to buy a tripod to use with my 3130 heads. I will use it not only for video but still photography and using my big astronomy binoculars.

I currently have this one in my cart at B&H but wanted to hear what you folks have to say.

Thanks in advance.

Bill,

I use the Bogen 3205 legs (in black) with my tripod head and they are very good quality with a sturdy base and good footing. However, they are a little bulky if you are looking for a lightweight option. I think a set of Bogen 3011 legs would be fine (also in black)...I think Skipshot (Gary Hafernick) bought the 3011 legs this past year along with the Bogen 3126 fluid head and they work just fine.

Comment

You have a good one selected. I also like the looks of this one

due to the ability to use the center support horizontally. That might come in handy. Can't go wrong with what you have, though.

Comment

Wade thanks for the tip. I can't seem to find that particular tripod on the B&H site for some reason. I would like to look at it. I'm assuming Gary will be at Bownanza since he is lives close so I'll talk to him about the tripod also.

Casey I like the idea of being able to turn the center support horizontal. I think that would come in handy using the big binos. Thanks for putting that one in front of me.

Comment

Guys I ended up going with the 3021 Pro . I think I'll like it. Should have it by Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
          X