DIY In The Fence Trailcam Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY In The Fence Trailcam Holder

I decided to build this after getting frustrated trying to strap trailcams to a long cross-fence at out lease. It never failed, either the brush near the trail was to thin or the t-post was wasn't in a good spot or getting the right angle from the t-post was a nightmare.

I used a old piece of closet rod to make this prototype along with some eye bolts, nuts, and washers.

The camera angle is completely adjustable and secured with a wing nut and lock washer.

When I make another one I will use a shorter vertical eye bolt for the camera connection.

As for the wood you can easily use a straight piece of natural wood. As mentioned this is a prototype.

As for the cuts in the wood, I cut the top and bottom about 6" up from the ends and then came back and cut opposing angles so that when I slide it in the fence it would be tight. Hopefully the pictures show what I a talking about.

This could also be used on a hog panel deer pen.

The sure makes quick work of setting trailcams.
    Attached Files

Patent it

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
      Patent it
      X2 quickly

Comment

Ps I really like it

Comment

Y'all really think so?

What do you think you would pay for one?

Comment

Good idea. May be good grab three wires. Worry two might wiggle in the wind and set the camera off. Guess it depends on how tight the barb wire is or how close to a tpost. Also might worry about thieves seeing it pretty easy. But may be a place you don't worry about them.

Comment

Just my opinion. Yes it's a neat idea but no I wouldn't patent. Wires move a lot in wind and when something crosses bumping the wire. This will cause false pics.

Gunnyart has the TPost mount and is very stable. With the other camera mount options on the market now I don't see it being worth it. 2 yrs ago would have been another story.

Now they have camera stakes and they still don't sell quickly.

Comment

That was my feeling as well. That's why I decided to share on here.

The wires tighten up pretty good once installed.

I don't care about getting false pictures personally. Most cameras (obviously not the one in the picture) have 3 or more rapid fire picture settings so I'm not worried about missing the deer if wire is bumped

Time is money and this saves a ton of time!

I've been moving cameras around a lot at the new lease and new trails keep popping up so I need a quick set solution.

Gunnyarts tpost mount is really nice just not always applicable without driving an individual tpost.

Comment

Pretty good idea right there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great idea.
                    Cows are the only problem I see. Those things are drawn to cameras like a moth to flame. . I try to keep my camera inside my pens for that reason.

BP

Comment

Now if it will just stop the coons and woodpeckers from messing with it you are on to something

Comment

Geez you two above this post have terrible luck!!

I haven't had one cow, wood ******, or coon mess with any of my cameras

Comment

that'll work!!

Comment

Pretty cool gizmo, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X