Marco Island Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marco Island Florida

Gonna be spending about 4 days in Marco Island in mid March for an awards trip. Don't plan on attending any of the meetings but do plan on doing some fishing. Would like to do some bass/peacock bass fishing. Also wouldn't mind maybe doing some inshore possibly off shore fishing. What species is "good" that time of yr and if you have any know of any guides I would appreciate it.

Thanks

B

Just fished there last month, kinda slow, even though had some shots at tarpon and caught anfew dink specs.

Right now things are pretty bad with red tide in the salt and blue green algar, cyanobacteria in the fresh. 267 tons of marine life washing up on the beaches including dolphins, tarpon, turtles, manatees, a whale shark, and all kinds of small fish. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...orida-wildlife

Comment

Originally posted by misn_tx View Post
      Just fished there last month, kinda slow, even though had some shots at tarpon and caught anfew dink specs.

Right now things are pretty bad with red tide in the salt and blue green algar, cyanobacteria in the fresh. 267 tons of marine life washing up on the beaches including dolphins, tarpon, turtles, manatees, a whale shark, and all kinds of small fish. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...orida-wildlife
      I've been watching this from a friend's FB page. It is very sad what is going on there right now. Hopefully, it turns around by the time you go Brandon....right now, I wouldn't really count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by misn_tx View Post

Well if nothing else I will go fish Okachobee for LMB and hit the canals for peacocks

Comment

I’ve caught peacocks in Miami. That is a super fun trip. March tends to be a little windy off shore. I would call a guide to see what the fishing is like first. It could take years for Florida to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            Gonna be spending about 4 days in Marco Island in mid March for an awards trip. Don't plan on attending any of the meetings but do plan on doing some fishing. Would like to do some bass/peacock bass fishing. Also wouldn't mind maybe doing some inshore possibly off shore fishing. What species is "good" that time of yr and if you have any know of any guides I would appreciate it.

Thanks

B

My awards trip is to Marco Island. I leave next Wednesday and come back Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              My awards trip is to Marco Island. I leave next Wednesday and come back Monday.

Let me know how you like it

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Let me know how you like it

I will. I can’t remember where I’m staying I just hope there is a hammock ready when I get there.

Comment

Working...
                X