releases and accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

releases and accuracy

I'm considering buying a new release. I currently shoot a scott goose and was thinking of switching to a different release. Kinda have my eye on a carter like mike. Any suggestions? This release will be used for hunting.

Thanks,
    Rob

Personally, I believe Scott makes the best hunting release but for tournaments I use a TRU Ball Boss X handheld thumb release.

Comment

Scott is the way to go, reliable, durable, and consistant!

Comment

Stay with the goose... Not much better out there than a Scott's..

Comment

I use Scott as well. I've shot with a truball and it was pretty nice, but went back to Scott. These are the only two I have tried. Try different releases' out and find one that u feel comfortable with.

Comment

Scott's

one piece of equipment i'll never change. I taught my son on them and I have about 12 scott gooses all set up the same.

Comment

I use the Scott Rhino. It is the best release that I have ever used. I relly like this style of release for hunting because it is really easy to hook and unhook for your string loop.

Comment

I love my Scotts Silverhorn.

Comment

IMO you will never be more accurate than if you shoot a Back Tension/hinge release the correct way. I hunt with mine and practice with it year round with my hunting bow and my target bow. I strongly recommend getting one and trying it out.

Comment

tru-fire hardcore max tightened up my groups alot. i feel i get a cleaner release with the hook over the caliper. the hook is more easy to hook up to as well. the pivoting head eats shooter induced torque which a lot of us have and just don't know it.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                      tru-fire hardcore max tightened up my groups alot. i feel i get a cleaner release with the hook over the caliper. the hook is more easy to hook up to as well. the pivoting head eats shooter induced torque which a lot of us have and just don't know it.
                      The Hardcore or a Carter(any carter) is the way to go. I would give Scott Rhino a shot, but never have, just the scott wildcat and it is a good release. Just hands down the most forgiving is the Hardcore from trufire.

Comment

You already have the best, why switch

Comment

Originally posted by Statton48 View Post
                          Stay with the goose... Not much better out there than a Scott's..
                          X2 For hunting they are the best!!

Comment

scott is a good brand

Comment

Just bought a Tru Fire 360, I like it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X