No announcement yet.

Cold weather clothing and shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying vests this year and also the bino holder worked great even on my leafy suit

Comment

I use the sitka gear and it seams to be a tight fit. it can be pricey, but if you catch it on camofire or some of the other blowout sites you can get good deals. I have tried it out with my long bow and no problems. the 90% jackets are great and they fit snug. just a thought.

Comment

I bought one od the asbell pullovers this year. I have not hunted with it yet, but i have shot some with it. I wear an armguard to control the sleeve, and don't have any interference with the chest area catching the string. I think I am really going to like it once it's cold enough to wear it.
        B

Comment

I avoid big jackets like the plague. My outer layer is usually the same from Sept-April (unless raining) and no heavier than a normal polar-tec, I just change what I put on the under-layers. A really good pair of light capalene LJ's are worth their weight in gold. Most times, you throw on 2-3 pairs of long-johns, and a polar-tec outer, and you're mostly toasty and not too bulky.

If it's super cold, I'll sometimes wear a set of overalls, but keep the top @ the same weight.

Comment

I have several shirts and sweatshirts that are one-armed. I cut the left arm off of some of my "layering up" clothes. this lets me layer up on my body and right arm but keeps a lot of bulk off my left arm.

I almost never wear any kind of jacket. I will swear by Under armor cold gear (as expensive as it is). I layer up with under armor (sometimes 2 layers of UA if it is real cold), then a long sleeve T-Shirt, then a sweat shirt or two, and sometimes a sleeveless vest mixed in. It all depends how cold it is. With the left arms cut off some of the shirts I can have all the layers needed to keep me warm with just one layer of UA and one long sleeve T-Shirt on my left arm.

Bisch
            Last edited by Bisch; 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I wear this compression sleeve from Cabela's. Bought two, dyed one black.

When it's cold, my last layer is a vest that fits me pretty
              tight - when zipped up it keeps the string from hitting my chest.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's yet another good comfy camo suggestion for snow conditions.

Comment

If it's hitting your chest, would a pair of suspenders possibly help keep your jacket tight against your chest?

Comment

Working...
                  X