Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's shooting the Texas Shoot out at ATM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's shooting the Texas Shoot out at ATM?

Well who's shooting at the A&M Field archery shoot in September? I have some question that could use answering!

I would be interested in more info myself !!

subscribed !!

Comment

Ttt? I just would like to know the classes and shooting equipment ?!?

Comment

I googled it and can not find anything.

Comment

It is an USA Archery field shoot. It is on the Texas A&M archery website and has a link to USA Archery for divisions and rules.

Here is some information that I saw or know from previous shoots.

125 bucks for registration
          Compound or recurve. If I recall it is only "open", so if you are shooting a hunter setup you are at a disadvantage(maybe).

If it is like the others.. You shoot a qualifier round, then can move to the elimination "match" rounds. And don't forget the dress code.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the info , Matt.

Comment

I can get a 10$ temp registration for just this shoot and do you know the classes? Ie adult, women's, senior, youth? And what the yardage is?

Comment

USA archery has all the information you are looking for. https://webpoint.usarchery.org/wp15/...p?EventID=1959

Here are your answers incase you cant find them.
                Temp membership should work- you will want to double check
                Classes are senior(over 18), junior and cadet
                Division- either compound or recurve- I think open or freestyle, although you can use hunter set ups
                Compound is at 50m, recurve is at 70m

I would recommend emailing the A&M folks if you are not familar with this style of shooting. When I shot indoor nationals, they had shaft diameter max and poundage limits.

Matt

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I am HUGE into USA archery!! If you have any questions PM me or comment on here!! I can probably answer anything you want to know!!

Comment

Enoch (Rifle) and I are going. It will be my first USA archery shoot, and probably not my last

Comment

Bowtechshooter - there's several questions before your post. Shaft size, format, dress code, etc.

Comment

Shaft size regulation in 23/64 of an inch or smaller (I would reccomend smaller for wind). Official Practice the day before then a 72 arrow qualifier followed by elimination there is also a team match but that is just for fun and you have to sign up before. Dress code is No denim and you must wear closed toed shoes and you cant wear camo.
                          Divisions are cadet (16 and under) Junior ( 17 through 21) and Senior which is everyone else. The junior and senior will get combined for the eliminations. The eliminations is 5 ends of 3 arrows per match. There is a male and female division and compound and recurve. All compound shoots 50 meters or 55 yards. Recurve juniors and seniors shoot 70 meters or 77ish yards but the cadets shoot 60 meters or 66ish yards.

Comment

Why do the recurve shooters shoot longer distances than the compound shooters? It seems to me, the compound shooters should shoot the same distances or greater.

Comment

That question is heavily discussed. But in the Olympics recurves shoot 70 meters and they olympic committee wont allow compounds to enter yet because they think that recurve and compound archery is to similar. Everyone from state level archery to World Archery organizations is doing this set up to try to differentiate compounds and recurves enough to enter them both in the olympics. I asked an olympic archery why recurves shoot farther than compounds and his answer to me was, they want recurve archery to be about strong shots and repetition and compound archery to be about strong shots and high scores.

Comment

Working...
                              X