Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people really fall for these phone scams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people really fall for these phone scams?

I had the below voicemail left for me today. It was a computer generated message where it started out by “name”. Not my name just the word “name”.

“Name, Call me back so that we can discuss about your legal case and take care of this matter. if I don't hear from you then we have to issue an arrest warrant against you to get you arrested…”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean phong scans?
    Last edited by jshouse; 11-20-2020, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I wonder this as well. The calls have been excessive lately

Comment

Yes, they do. That’s why they continue. May take a thousand casts, but sooner or later you’re gonna get a bite.

Comment

Someone posted a "deal alert" on here where it wasn't even the real website and the prices were way too good to be true. People still fell for it.

Comment

People fall for it every day . That and the social security number has been frozen .

Comment

I'm hoping and praying my MIL does not fall for one of these. She is in her mid 80's and my wife warns her of these scams daily. So far so good.

Comment

This was one of the worst. I might believe an Indian guy before a computer that can’t even say my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have started laying the phone down and making them say hello six times and then they do the disconnect.
                  My Mother always started with Jesus Loves You..................

Comment

Yup, that’s why they are so obviously scams, to filter out the people who wouldn’t fall for obvious scams.

Comment

Yes they do.

I got a text message, it was a scam. I had never got a text message scam before. The thing is it looked legit....very legit. I can see how people can fall for them.

Comment

I did, but let me explain why.

4 or 5 years ago I had a dell laptop worked on by a third source party that dell sent out. The next day I got a call from an individual claiming to be from Dell (with the dell main number) and said that they found a virus on my computer after installing software from the day before. He had my case number, address, pretty much all the information that Dell had. Claimed that said virus was monitoring me and stealing information. Used the scare tactic and I took it hook line and sinker due to all the issues I had with the laptop previously. Disputed with cc company after the fact and got money back but it’s just the principle of it.

This wasn’t this guys first rodeo, he made it seem LEGIT.

Comment

Unfortunately people do fall for them. They mostly get people that are good natured and want to avoid problems. My elderly aunt got a call a couple of yrs ago about bailing out her grandson out of jail, mind you he is 10. She listened to the call throughout and was told to pay his bail on I tune gift cards. So she heads to the local cvs and had to ask what I tunes even were. Thankfully the woman behind the counter told her no police department takes payment from I tunes. Of course this could of been prevented by calling her children, but the caller said not to. Her son contacted law enforcement and the number they called her on couldn’t be connected, imagine that. Afterwards, she said I can’t believe I fell for something like that, but you throw emotions in the mix and people do fall for them.

Comment

I've got probably 20 warrants out for me by now.

Comment

I keep those people on the phone as long as possible. Eventually they hang up on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X