Sighting in red dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sighting in red dot

I recently put a holosun red dot on my AR 15. Having a difficult time sighting it in. Have used a laser bore sight and not hitting paper. Any suggestions?

you're not even hitting paper?

how many yds/mtr are you starting at?

dang I can get any iron sight rifle on zero @100 yds in 6-8 rnds.

but i'm not too good at it.

maybe you got a bum sight???

Comment

What distance are you sighting it in at? I sight my red dots in at 25 yards. At that distance, you should be hitting paper somewhere! Lol. Although Holosuns are inexpensive, they are really, really good red dots. They are without a doubt, the best value out there.

After you sight it in, then you need to dope your rifle. Shoot at 7 yards on back to 300 or more because your POA and POI is going to be different at different ranges, so you need to learn your rifle. Remember at close range, your offset makes a big difference. For instance, if you are doing a dot torture drill, you may need to aim at the top of the circle to put the rounds into the center of the circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
        What distance are you sighting it in at? I sight my red dots in at 25 yards. At that distance, you should be hitting paper somewhere! Lol. Although Holosuns are inexpensive, they are really, really good red dots. They are without a doubt, the best value out there.

After you sight it in, then you need to dope your rifle. Shoot at 7 yards on back to 300 or more because your POA and POI is going to be different at different ranges, so you need to learn your rifle. Remember at close range, your offset makes a big difference. For instance, if you are doing a dot torture drill, you may need to aim at the top of the circle to put the rounds into the center of the circle.
        Thanks, will do this

Comment

X2 on 25 meter if you running iron sights make sure to co-witness both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like a 50/200 yard zero. You can Zero it at 10 yards then check it at 50. Done.

Comment

Working...
            X