No announcement yet.

What are you thankful for today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread! Baby boy due in November. I have a ton to be thankful for. More than I deserve

Comment

Sending me extra work daily so that I can afford a few extras.
      Thankful for that and my family and I have a few really.good friends

Comment

Good stuff, y'all.

It's always good for me to pause and reflect on the blessings in my own life. It's equally good to hear about other people's blessings. It's a refreshing change of pace from much of the conversation and noise we're bombarded with these days. It's also a reminder to me of how much God loves us.

Comment

Many, many things.
          For the prayers, the support, the love, the help with some things that
          I've been unable to do for myself that I've received since I've entered into
          my little war with cancer. My family and my friends have rallied around me.

For the overall good prognosis relative to what it could have been. Grateful
          for my primary care physician that insisted that I should have an endoscopy,
          as a precautionary measure while indicators pointed toward simple acid reflux.
          Hence early detection and I believe God had a hand in that. The tumor is localized
          at the junction of my esophagus and my stomach. CT scan, PET scan,
          ultrasound endoscopy... no traces of cancer elsewhere, lymph nodes, no place...
          For the team of doctors that my PCP has assembled for the endeavor.

I'm hooked to a chemo pump right now as I type this reply and I will be
          until Thursday - my second round of chemotherapy with a particularly
          aggressive strain of chemo. But yet, so far I've suffered very little from
          side effects - they could begin at any time, but so far, so good. I will mention
          that I have and will continue to keep nausea at bay with some special "edibles"
          and I'm maintaining an appetite... a little help from a friend.
          Surgery will follow chemo, then perhaps more chemotherapy post-surgery.
          There will be no radiation, the surgery will be more of a gastric surgery than an
          esophageal surgery - and I'm beyond grateful that I'm being spared radiation.

I'm so thankful that I've lived almost 72 years with never any health problems until now.
          Never a broken bone, never a day in a hospital, never anything more serious than a cold or
          a mild case of the flu...
          Something had to come along sooner or later, there are no exceptions,
          and it is simply that I've reached the head of the line, it's my turn.

God is in charge, but I'm doing my part - it's my belief that He expects us to.
          And my part is to determine and control my attitude, to remain positive, to
          listen to Him and to my medical team, to fight... and to let the people that love
          me know just how much I love, need and appreciate them.

I didn't really mean to say all I just said when I began, I would have made
          this reply message shorter, but I didn't how.

Bob Lee

Comment

It was the perfect length, Bob. Praying for healing for you, brother.

Comment

Thankful for my wife and 2 boys. They are my strength. Apart from that, thankful for my friends and family who are pretty much one and the same. Thankful for every morning I wake up and am vertical on this Earth. Thankful for the beauty God has surrounded us with, and the opportunities available to us for constant improvement as flawed humans.

Comment

My wife has suffered with a broken arm for 13 days. After 3 Dr. opinions and struggling with her insurance company to find a surgeon and a surgery center in her network she had surgery this morning. We have prayed and prayed about this. We feel blessed to have received this outcome. I think she is on the road to recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the Lord for His Grace. I am thankful that I know Him Personally.

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
                    Thankful for my wife and 2 boys. They are my strength. Apart from that, thankful for my friends and family who are pretty much one and the same. Thankful for every morning I wake up and am vertical on this Earth. Thankful for the beauty God has surrounded us with, and the opportunities available to us for constant improvement as flawed humans.
                    Amen Brother

Comment

Dad is 85 and I drove the 12 hour trip over the first week of July because he is not going to be here forever. Mom passed 17 years ago and I truly miss her.

Oldest son is 30 and has his life together with a house and a flats boat he loves.

Daughter is 20 and is great with kids and was working at the church daycare. Back problems right now but she will power thru it.

Youngest is my 14 year old hero. Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 12. Almost lost him due to no history in the family and the symptoms came on really fast. He laid in the pediatric ICU and looked at us and said "it could be worse, I could have cancer". Brought tears to my eyes. He has it figured out now with our help.

I am 56 now and debated having my youngest at the time but it was the best decision I have ever made. He is my Superman. His name is Hunter.

Comment

Good topic Shane,
                        I am thankful for most everything in my family's life, except mosquitoes and fire ants.
                        They can both go away as far as I am concerned.
                        Other than that everything is great.

Also, one of the things I am Most thankful for is being born right here in Texas, USA.
                        Last edited by bukkskin; 08-29-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I am thankful to have my health so I can enjoy my grandkids, kids and Family overall. Most thankful for my wonderful wife that has stood by me for 35 plus years.

Comment

I am thankful for sarkar, i have been not normal due to stress, but thank God now i am recovering. i can sleep eat and do things normally.

Comment

Thankful for each day every day

Comment

Thankful for waking up every day. Thankful for the Google lord sending my wife of 25 years to me at a bad time in my life. If not for her I would not be on this earth today. Also my daughter, son in law and two grandsons. All are very very special to me. Thankful for the good Lord for all my blessings.

Comment

Working...
                                X