First day of retirement n the books!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day of retirement n the books!!

Yip, today was my first day of retirement. Started working right out of high school at Collins Radio as a draftsman. That was in 1969. From there I started at a startup company Electrospace and was there just short of 30 years. They sold to Chrysler and they sold to Raytheon. Started collecting retirement from them a few years ago. They dismantled us and sent programs and employees all over the country and I decided to stay in Richardson. Had a short stay with a telecom company and was cut when the bottom fell out. I spent the last 13 years at a manufacturing company where my customers were mostly DOD type using my past engineering life.
    It’s been a great ride and have been blessed with a great wife that blessed me with three great kids, 11 grandchildren and a great grandson.
    Now it’s time for some fun!!!!

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
    Yip, today was my first day of retirement. Started working right out of high school at Collins Radio as a draftsman. That was in 1969. From there I started at a startup company Electrospace and was there just short of 30 years. They sold to Chrysler and they sold to Raytheon. Started collecting retirement from them a few years ago. They dismantled us and sent programs and employees all over the country and I decided to stay in Richardson. Had a short stay with a telecom company and was cut when the bottom fell out. I spent the last 13 years at a manufacturing company where my customers were mostly DOD type using my past engineering life.
    It’s been a great ride and have been blessed with a great wife that blessed me with three great kids, 11 grandchildren and a great grandson.
    Congrats, enjoy time with the little ones, I know they will remember it forever

Comment

Congratulations!!! Enjoy it!!

Comment

Congratulations, sir. I hope you enjoy your well-deserved retirement.

Comment

Congrats on what sounds like a well deserved retirement!

Comment

Kongrats brother......being semi retired has been wonderful!!!!
            My wife used to work for electrospace b4 we got married 25 yrs ago......small world!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
              Awesome! Congratulations.. you made it! Now you can do anything you want ...or whatever your wife tells you you're gonna do! Lol. Just kidding.. Get out there and live in it brotha!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck ya, sounds like you have EARNED every bit of your retirement....now go enjoy it !!!! Congrats !!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to you. It will be two years for me next month and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Comment

Do like I did when I retired in 2011. I'd tell her this every morning as retirement approached.

Me: "Wife just think, we'll be together 24/7, 365 days a year."

Wife asked everyone to pray for her and to bail her out if she kills me.

Comment

Congrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats... well deserved.

Comment

Having too much fun to retire. Wife retired a year ago.......

Comment

Working...
                              X