New Year Workout Accountability 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year Workout Accountability 2014

Say guys I realize that there are a lot of folks on here that workout all the time. I am one of them but I have fallen off the wagon with an injury to my tricep and shoulder and job change. That said- if any of you are ready to start back and want to use this thread as a form of accountability and help, then lets do it. Just post up daily that you worked out or that you didn't and we will try to motivate and rag each other! We can also use it for a way to help each other with workout questions. I am in and if there are others lets try and start it on Monday. We can post up weight loss or gain and goals achieved. It will be great for those of us who do not have a workout partner. Good Luck and lets use the tbh brotherhood to help each other get in shape!!!

Dang nobody? Maybe I should just join everyone on the couch! I'm good at that! Lol

Comment

Always lift, but I'll play. Today was heavy back day. weighted chins, deadlift and seated row. All 5x5 sets.

Comment

Ok ok ok ok. Im in. Hunting this weekend but starting Monday I will join ya. Thanks for providing the motivation. How we gonna do this?

Comment

2 mile run today

Comment

Good job crookhunter and huntingfanatic! I plan on getting one in this weekend or start on monday at the latest. Quarterback- we can get a list of who is in and try to post on here. You can post what workout you have done,ate too much,new supplements you are using or pics of you just laying on the couch. We can use it as a daily tool to track workouts as well as help motivate ourselves and others to get it done! Thanks for joining in this should help motivate a lot of people. We can also rag each other when we backslide and get lazy!

Comment

I'm in. Was really hitting it hard until aggravating my shoulder back in October….then I just enjoyed sleeping in and got a little lazy. My workout partner flamed out and…well…one excuse after another. I'm back at it on Monday. HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE!!!! I love a challenge!!!

Comment

In March this year I had another heart attack and had a stint put in. Since that time I have had maybe 2 more heart attacks and some angina. Finally after some adjustments to my meds I have bee hitting the gym since Monday this week. Today I did 2.2 miles on the thread mill to get my heart rate up to 120bpm for 20 minutes, 100 reps on leg press with 200lbs, 2 sets of 25 leg extensions with 50lbs, 20 reps with 100lbs bench press and 20 reps arm curls with 50lbs. I'm getting there I hope and it seems to be getting easier each day.
                Doctor's orders.

BTW, I'm 67

Comment

I'm in for motivation to get a running program started again. We'll see if the mature body holds up.

My 3 goals:

1. Be in the best shape possible for another Idaho elk hunt in Sept.

2. Race some 5 and 10k's in a mature age group by August.

3. Finally reach Pope & Young this year.

I haven't trained consistently in quite a few years, but my weight is good, so I hope to ease into running without getting hurt. My flexibility and strength aren't what they used to be.

Yesterday I mounted my road bike on the wind trainer, put new batteries in an old heart rate monitor, and got started with a simple 25 minute pyramid type workout on the trainer. If you are familiar with bike gearing, it was 5 minutes each @ 42X16,15,14,15,16.

I will follow and post progress on this thread and try to encourage anyone who wants to invest in their body. It will pay dividends in your later years. I think.

Hogboy

Comment

In. Today was chest day and ran 2 miles

Comment

45 minutes of cardio today. I created a great routine last in the fall two years ago and started hitting it hard January a year ago, while we still lived in Calgary. Working out twice a week with a ,trainer (excess money while on assignment allowed it), I was able to recreate myself a bit (lost 15 lbs, while building ton).

This lasted until July/August when we started the move back and I haven't been able to maintain what I had created. Traveling, move, deer season, Texas food and pure laziness let to a lapse on my part. Added back 5lbs and some softness. I have restarted again and will be waking up at 5 am at least 3 days a week to head to Lifetime to get my work out in before work. I was able to get in three work outs in this week thus far. Today was 45 minutes of cardio as I was short on time.
                      Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I'm in new job stress and lazy . So as I lie hear . I will play will start tomorrow after work....

Comment

I'm in. Doing my T-25 ( Beta). Gonna give it a try for a few weeks then hit the weights and run a little bit, then combine 'em all.

Comment

Awesome read! Great job guys! I mostly weight train but I am planning on adding cardio more this year so I will be in tip top shape for my annual elk hunt. When I get a chance I will get a list of all who are in and then as a group we can watch for each other's posts. If you don't workout you get hazed!!!

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Working...
                              X