No announcement yet.

Dad/Issues/Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to have gotten to this point in your relationship is likely answered prayer. We are to honor our parents and our parents are to train us up in the way we should go... Obviously that is meant for us as children. Please keep in mind that you are still you father's child. Honor him in what you say to him. Pray for guidance and go into the meeting with an humble spirit. Emotion is a good thing when under control, but it can be a tool of the devil when out of control. My prayer for you is that you will be guided by the Holy Spirit and will be given the words to say at the appropriate time. I also pray for wisdom for you to be still had hear what your father has to say and then hear what the Holy Spirit has to say to you. I also pray for the same for your dad. It is God's will that you love one another as in the Lord.. I pray that it is so.

Comment

Just go in with a very positive attitude and determine the results are going to be good when you leave.
      Old men have a way of being calloused and set in there ways so it's all up to you.
      Prayers for healing.

Comment

So, I met with my dad this past weekend. We hadn't talked in 5 years and I'd wondered what I'd say to him when I saw him. I had a lot of anger towards him and his family.

As it turned out he pretty much knew what I was feeling and admitted as much. He realized that some of this family/household had been out of line etc. Not that I was 100% blameless here, but I didn't start the situation either.

We covered a lot of ground in 2.5 hours. I wouldn't say that "everything is fine" or that the whole episode is "over", but we are at least communicating again.

He realized the issues I have and acknowledged them. I have to say it went pretty well.
        No yelling, no blaming or finger pointing. It just went well.

Thanks for all your prayers. God always fixes things better than I can.

Comment

Good luck, only one Dad, life is short, get it resolved.

Comment

Congrats bro, im happy for you, any progress is good

Comment

Good deal ! I'm happy that some of that weight has been lifted.

Comment

Sent

Comment

That sounds great, glad you both are working everything out

Comment

Time will heal all wounds.

Comment

We'll keep you in our prayers!

Comment

Prayers sent for yall

Comment

praying for you and your dad

Comment

Glad to see this. I went through something similar with my dad (but lasted for about 15 years). We finally started talking again. And then he died of colon cancer. Don't let the anger consume you.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                              Good luck, only one Dad, life is short, get it resolved.
                              X2....I agree!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X