29th Annual Brazos Valley Shootout Sept 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29th Annual Brazos Valley Shootout Sept 14

Next Sunday Brazos County Archery Club in Bryan will host its 29th Annual Brazos Valley Shootout - a 30 target 3D course with realistic hunting shots. Expect a whole new trail because we've had lots of pipeline construction.

This has a 10 am shotgun start, so we ask that you register between 8 and 9:30. The practice bag range opens at 8, so you will have plenty of time to warm up. Traditional shooters can start as early as 9 am.

I am going to bring my broad head target if you want to try out your broad heads, but I'm going to lay a disclaimer - I have lost BH in this thing so you may hit mine or you may lose your BH, too.

As usual, we will give away lots of door prizes and host a raffle. If you've been shooting with us or Live Oak Archery all year, you will get raffle tickets based upon your participation.

And, of course, our world famous Taco Truck will be there serving up some of the finest authentic Mexican food in the Brazos Valley.

We will also have a fun shot to earn some money. Come on out and enjoy one of the last 3D shoots of the year!

Will there be open classes or is this a hunter type shoot?

Comment

This will be all ASA classes, with a few class combinations. All levels, from little kids to full grown adults from first time shooters to long time BSers and open classes.

Does that help answer your question?

Comment

Sure does. Thanks

Comment

We will be giving away a TON of stuff!

Prizes will be really nice engraved stainless steel water bottles and for the eagle classes, handmade leather arm guards - for first place.

Second and third places will be gift certificates to Live Oak Archery.

We will also have a raffle for some stuff, door prizes for even more stuff.

STUFF, STUFF and MORE STUFF!

Comment

Giving away some arrows, sights, and more stuff!

Comment

Looking forward to it. What's the over-under on how many Mountain Dew's Kevin will drink? 7?

Comment

This shoot was a lot of fun and there was a lot of people! thanks everyone for coming out to support this and we hope to see you at our next shoot in December. it is a charity shoot with a free chili lunch.

Comment

Do you have a date for the December shoot?

Comment

I think it's the 14th, but don't quote me on that. Should be the second Sunday.

Comment

we might have to drive up there!
                      keep the thread going!
                      what the distances on womens compound hunter class? so far my wife is good to 30 but i want to get her to 40 or 50 eventually.

Comment

You can quote Camo on that date. Dec 14, 10 am shotgun start. Charity shoot, bring a pantry item or new socks or a donation for Twin City Mission to shoot. Free chili lunch. This will be a Fred Bear style shoot for fun. All shots will be less than 30 yards, but don't let that fool you!

For our regular shoots which start in January, yes the women's hunter class is 30 yards, known distance. Please bring a range finder.

Comment

thanks its on my calender!

Comment

This is shaping up to be a great shoot!

Comment

Working...
                            X