Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 hogs with one shot! Viper trick strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 hogs with one shot! Viper trick strikes again!

Had an awesome hog hunt this evening. Group of hogs came out about 20 minutes before dark and I settled my pin on a nice sow that was white with black spots. Twenty three yards to be exact and I let the Strother SR 71 eat! My arrow was tipped with a brand new 125 gr viper trick that I bought especially for hogs. I felt good about the shot although I couldn't see the arrow hit. I waited a bit before tracking but wanted to get a start on blood before dark. Plenty of blood so I went to get the truck and put on my hip boots because as always this pig crossed the creek. Once across the creek it gets real thick but still good blood. A little farther in and I find the arrow. Good blood all the way to the knock. Clearly a pass through. I press on. Ten or 15 more yards and I find my pig. A nice fat black sow? I scratch my head and replay the shot. I knew there were other hogs behind the white one and figure I killed this one on a pass through. I back track a few yards and find a place with much more blood and begin to see if my white pig had turned. Sure enough it had and I found it dead in the bushes within 10 yards of the black one. The viper trick blew through the first pig with a double lung shot and the second pig took one to the heart! Not a pass through but plenty good for the kill! Both pigs were in excess of 100 lbs and should be quite tasty!

Congrats!! Pictures....

Comment

Pics in the morning

Comment

You know what they say about no pics or videos. If you no gotty it didn't happen.

Kidding. Congrats on the dual hams.

Comment

Here are my pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats. Nice shooting

Comment

Another picture
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice shooting there, Tex!!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice work

Comment

I really like how you got the palm leaves together for that picture!

Comment

one sick looking broadhead...i might try'em after I give my ramcats a go

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            I really like how you got the palm leaves together for that picture!
                            Thought it would be better than the Rubbermaid gut bucket they are propped up on!

Comment

Good job! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X