Fox population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox population

Does a large number of foxes on one property (120 acres) affect the deer and/or axis population? Thanks

Red foxes will eat fawns if they find them

Comment

I think this is a grey fox. He ran around eating corn and didnt even acknowledge the nearby deer. I dont see him being able to swing a deer population that wildly.
      Attached Files

Comment

Deer could care less where I hunt. But songbirds, quail, squirrels, peaches, and tomatoes beware.

Comment

Rabbits, yes. Fawns? I guess it’s possible.

Comment

It’s crazy how many of those things can live on a piece of property.

Comment

Fox aren't detrimental to the deer herds
              Last edited by Passthrough; 01-12-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Always happy when I see a fox in the wild.

Comment

I've got a bunch of reds. They can't stay out of the road long enough to ever be too big an issuer

Comment

They are bad on nesting birds! As far as deer, I don't believe they will cause much of a problem!

Comment

I've watched deer make sport out of chasing grey fox around!

Comment

Rodents, birds they will put pressure on and will take fawn also, but mainly rodents, quail and turkey chicks.

Comment

Foxes kill lots of lambs in South Texas. I'm sure they will kill fawns if they can get them when they are teal young.

Comment

Grey fox are okay. Kind of scavengers and small prey, bird nest, rabbits, rats etc. Red fox are the true meat eaters. Anything they are big enough to take down they will. Red fox love baby lambs and goats. No reason they would not take down a new born fawn. JMO!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                              Grey fox are okay. Kind of scavengers and small prey, bird nest, rabbits, rats etc. Red fox are the true meat eaters. Anything they are big enough to take down they will. Red fox love baby lambs and goats. No reason they would not take down a new born fawn. JMO!
                              agreed

Comment

Working...
                              X