Open Carry--A Few Months Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Carry--A Few Months Later

I was thinking about the controversy over open carry and how many folks were saying that it was going to be a terrible thing to implement in the state. However, I have only seen one person open carrying in the six months that it has been allowed. Has anyone else seen many people doing so? It really seems to me that nothing has changed.

I've seen one guy carrying at McAllisters Deli in San Angelo.....he was carrying a revolver with about a 9" barrel....it struck me funny.

Comment

Have not seen anyone open carrying myself, but I do know one or two friends who have seen maybe 1 person each.

Comment

Iv seen 1, dad seen 2. They were the "hey look at me" type looking guys lol

Comment

I finally saw a gentleman OC at Academy last week. It was a total no issue. Didn't bother me at all.

Comment

I have seen one. It was really odd. In home depot a 70-75 ish lady was pushing a toy baby stroller with a poodle in it. I thought what the hay is that. Right behind her was her 80ish year old husband wearing a old fashioned western bullet belt with a six shooter of some caliber on his hip.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
              I've seen one guy carrying at McAllisters Deli in San Angelo.....he was carrying a revolver with about a 9" barrel....it struck me funny.
              You're not the first person I've heard say that.

Comment

Big to do about nothing. A bunch of drama queens crying that the sky is falling. Law was mainly passed to give the CHL holders an out for printing.

Comment

I think I've only seen one since it passed in Oklahoma however long ago.

Comment

I've seen three fellas open carry. One of them seemed like he was looking for a fight. This whole thing was way over hyped.

I do enjoy all the ugly signs everywhere though.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      You're not the first person I've heard say that.
                      This dude was with his wife and 4 kids.....nerdy looking cat with a handle bar mustache. Just sat there very cool with that hog hanging off his hip!!

Comment

The guy I saw had a 1911 commander in a pancake holster at Packsaddle BBQ in San Angelo. It was roughly the second weekend in February. Just looked like a normal guy eating some good food!

Comment

Haven't seen anyone carrying. Don't expect to either. Small town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The only thing I have seen is a bunch more 30.06 signs that the business owners got at the same time they got their 30.07 signs.

We should have let well enough alone.

Comment

I haven't seen anyone either

Comment

Working...
                              X