Academy Game Winner Stand & Fill feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy Game Winner Stand & Fill feeder

Does anyone know if any of the Academies in TX have any of their Game Winner Stand & Fill feeders still at a store. I need 3. After my knee collapsed and I busted my *** stepping into my RV Friday night, I have decided to sell my crank ups that I normally let down about 1/3rd of the way, but fill with a ladder instead of cranking it all the way down and all the way back up with a 350# load of corn. Had one to many handles get away from me and they hurt like hell when you try to grab them to keep the feeder from smashing down on the ground.
    I was given one of the Game Winner feeders by a very good friend that will hunt on our lease as a guest this year and that little 6 volt feeder will throw corn like crazy! Decided this was the easiest and SAFEST way to go. They are not listed on Academy's website but I need to find 3 within the next month or so. Any ideas? I know that there are other companies that sell a Stand & Fill but at half or more of the price of the other companies, those from Academy will suit me just fine, especially after needing 3 more.
    Suggestions?

good luck on finding them. if there are some in Austin, maybe I can help TBH express it to your direction.

I went to the outdoor expo this weekend in Lampasas... what I realized is...that everyone & their brother is building stand and fill feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
      good luck on finding them. if there are some in Austin, maybe I can help TBH express it to your direction.

I went to the outdoor expo this weekend in Lampasas... what I realized is...that everyone & their brother is building stand and fill feeders.
      Hope it brings the prices down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Does anyone know if any of the Academies in TX have any of their Game Winner Stand & Fill feeders still at a store. I need 3. After my knee collapsed and I busted my *** stepping into my RV Friday night, I have decided to sell my crank ups that I normally let down about 1/3rd of the way, but fill with a ladder instead of cranking it all the way down and all the way back up with a 350# load of corn. Had one to many handles get away from me and they hurt like hell when you try to grab them to keep the feeder from smashing down on the ground.
        I was given one of the Game Winner feeders by a very good friend that will hunt on our lease as a guest this year and that little 6 volt feeder will throw corn like crazy! Decided this was the easiest and SAFEST way to go. They are not listed on Academy's website but I need to find 3 within the next month or so. Any ideas? I know that there are other companies that sell a Stand & Fill but at half or more of the price of the other companies, those from Academy will suit me just fine, especially after needing 3 more.
        Suggestions?
        Go to Harbour Freight and buy some of the small electric winches. Mount them on the frame/leg of your feeder drive the truck or atv close enough to reach the winch leads with jumper cables...cranking problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
          Go to Harbour Freight and buy some of the small electric winches. Mount them on the frame/leg of your feeder drive the truck or atv close enough to reach the winch leads with jumper cables...cranking problem solved.
          I have some of the winches on old style protein feeders, but not sure if they are still good. It would cost me more for new winches than what I can sell my feeders for and buy the Game Winner Stand & Fill feeders for. Still want the Stand & Fill as I am done with the crank up, either by hand or electric winch. Already sold 2 of my four and the other 2 are probably sold.
          I witnessed how well those 6 volt slung corn and I was impressed although I have always backed the 12 volt winch up style, old age (approaching 65) and failing knees made me realize I needed to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

If you can find 3 for a good price $299 or less, buy them and I will Pay Pal you for the cost and come get them. In-laws and Mom are in Temple so I could do that without any problem. Need to see my Mom anyway!

Comment

Anyone seen any of these at any of the Academys that might be left from this last season?

Comment

I think the ones discussed in this thread have since been discontinued:

I have 2 of them that are going on our lease this season. You might have better luck calling one of the Academy stores and asking if they have any left in stock. I plan on visiting the store where I bought mine soon, and if they have any left in stock I'll let you know.

Regards,

Dave

PS - I was just on the Academy website and found this:

Please contact our Customer Service Center at (888)922-2336 for questions concerning product availability. We are available from 7am to 12midnight CST, 7 days a week with live chat services available 24/7.

Good luck,

Dave
                Last edited by Double-O-Dave; 05-01-2018, 10:15 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post

I have 2 of them that are going on our lease this season. You might have better luck calling one of the Academy stores and asking if they have any left in stock. I plan on visiting the store where I bought mine soon, and if they have any left in stock I'll let you know.

Regards,

Dave

Please contact our Customer Service Center at (888)922-2336 for questions concerning product availability. We are available from 7am to 12midnight CST, 7 days a week with live chat services available 24/7.

Good luck,

Dave
                  Thanks Dave, I did contact customer service but they gave me no answers except to direct me to their webpage that had all the Game Winner merchandise on it. No Stand & Fill feeders listed.

Comment

Hi Mudslinger:

No stand and fill type feeders at the Academy store in Sunset Valley.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Are you referring to the 440lb model?

Comment

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post

Regards,

Dave

Good luck,

Dave
                        My pa bought a bunch of those end of last year. Just seeing it looks like he posted right before I did. I think he'd be willing to let go of a few. We're both in Liberty Hill.

Text me,

Marshall
                        512-591-4489

Comment

Originally posted by rzurovec View Post
                          Are you referring to the 440lb model?

I think the one the OP is referring to is the one below. I bought this one a couple of months ago on here from another TBHer. It’s listed as a 600lb capacity but it actually held 700 total pounds of corn. [emoji106]

I’d buy another one of these for $300 all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                            I think the one the OP is referring to is the one below. I bought this one a couple of months ago on here from another TBHer. It’s listed as a 600lb capacity but it actually held 700 total pounds of corn. [emoji106]

I’d buy another one of these for $300 all day long.
                            This looks like the ones I am looking for. If it is the same they will hold 14 to 15 50# bags of corn.

Marshall, I will text you this afternoon after i get done with my kids at school, that is if I survive!

Comment

I saw 2 at the Katy Academy about 3 months ago and almost bought them. Kicking myself in the butt now that I didnt buy them since it seems like they wont be making anymore of these things.

Comment

Working...
                              X