Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready to send Sacagawea to the next person, who should it go to? Deb or Stick'um?

Comment

Todd Bolton, I pm'd you for address.

Comment

Got Her last Thursday and spent most of Sunday with her. Took a while to get some arrows setup, all of my bows are in the mid 50s. With kids activities through end of July wont I wont get a chance to take her south for any hunting. Thinking about using her her introduce an old bow hunting buddy of mine to the world of stickbows.

Anyway looking forward to my month with her.
        Are we running early or late, guess the question is do I have her until mid July or first of july? We ahve a club shoot the weekend of July19th would like to shoot her that weekend then pass her on.

Comment

Keep her for all of July!

Bisch

Comment

Everyone gets four weekends to shoot her, and then send her on the next week.

Thanks for keeping things going while I was gone.

Keep the good bios and stories coming, friends

Comment

So who's next Bisch or Deb?
              Give me an address and I will get her on her way.

Bio to follow

Comment

I would say go to Bisch with the bow. I have not heard anything from Deb, but at any time she wants the bow for her turn....we will fit her in.

Comment

stick'um, sent you a PM.

Bisch

Comment

Todd Bolting

About me
                    Born and raised in Victoria,Texas graduated TSTI in Waco went to work for BASF Corp 1990 an will be a retiree form there. Good Lord willing.

Was not raised in a hunting lifestyle although spent most weekends as a kid in the woods at the old family homestead in Nordhiem,Texas. I was introduced to archery in 1988 with a bear whitetail2 and was hooked. Spent a few years hunting and chasing the 3D trail around the state with the wheeled bows then meet Jeff Massie in 1991 and from that point on was a stick bow convertee. Looked back a time or two to the wheels but couldnt make it stick, traditional archery pull just to strong. Spent about every weekend back then either on Jeffs King ranch hunts or 3D shoots. Was neck deep into it, new bows as often as I could, made my own wood arrows even started selling them. I lived stick bows back then it was all I wanted to do.

Then in 97 the thing I said would never happen, happened. I had found myself a wife, Amy. And a good one I will say, she still is the one. Kids followed, two wonderful daughters Ashlyn and Addison. Needless to say archery kinda went by the wayside. I still hunted from time to time but found myself enjoying kid raising more (Is that weird?) . Now several years ago my oldest became one of my shooting and hunting buddies and the world of traditional archery has taking on a whole new meaning to me the family. Youngest has just started shooting so now the wife is next.

Now days I am the third wheel in Javelina Country Outfitteres, which by the way is what became of the old Massie Archery hunts from King and Cadena ranches. I am running around the state hunting and shooting ,no longer for competition but for the love of it, with THE people I want to carry me away when its my time to go.

I have been doing some ,with advice from Jeff, refinishing work and weight reduction on several bows now trying to teach myself all I can about them. I have come to really enjoy the bow/arrow combination setup and tuning and am working towards my own bow build in the coming years.

Throughout alot of my life traditional archery has been sort of a glue that held my group of friends together, so its means alot to me and I will ride it to the end.

May God bless all of you the way I feel he has blessed me.

top picture Me my wife Amy and my girls Ashlyn (left) Addison (right)
                    second pic The JCO gang Me, Brett Bolting, Jeff Massie, Joe Sanchez, Brad Scott(feederwatcher), Ed Griffin
                    third at Vanderpool the Big Belly Bow Benders. Joe Sanchez,Brad Scott(feederwatcher) Me, Steve Efird, Russel Davis (target panic),AJ Timmer, Doug Miller
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nicw write up, Todd! I won a hunt with JCO at Vanderpool this year so maybe we will get to hang out a bit next year if you are there when I get to hunt.

Bisch

Comment

Nice write-up stick'um!

Comment

Very nice write up. Thanks for doing that.

Comment

Nice write up indeed! How was the bow?

Comment

Great write-up and beautiful family you have there!

Comment

As for the bow, it showed me I CANNOT shoot left handed with right eye in charge. Even a ten yards I my deer target in the butt.
                                Had intensions of working with a left handed compound shooting buddy I got who wanted to try the trad thing out, but couldnt find the time hit the bow range.
                                Did not get to head south with it do any pig stickin so targets is all she shot in her time with me. Did make one of our Brazoria County Bowmen shoots with her. Loaded her up with some old heavy wood arrows mainly to watch the way the old wood arrows cast. Spent some time with oldest kid and wife shooting her to check bow weights for them.

Bisch, she went out last monday so I guess you have her now?

And congrats on the hunt drawing. We will get dates set by mid sept and will post them on out FB page. Check www.JCOTexas.com for more info. I will send you our hunt dates when we get them,look them over and let me know when and I will make it a point to be there. Hanging with TBHers all good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X