• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice write up, waiting on the rest.

Comment

Good luck with the bow Gene.

Comment

It's about time for an update and our girl to move again, isn't it?

Comment

Saca has arrived in Haughton, LA. I didn't have enough time to really test and tune, but I did put a handful of arrows thru her. I have a bamboo arrow that shoots sweet out of her. I need to get a couple more finished so I can take her to a 3D shoot at Barksdale AFB on April 21. I'll keep y'all posted and put up a bio soon.

~Eric

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365275291.937291.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	24187937

Comment

Have fun with her, Eric!

Bisch

Comment

Good news, keep us posted.

Comment

Good luck with your 3-D

Comment

My name is Eric Wortham, and I'm easing up on the big Four-O this year. I have lived in some part of Texas for 39 years and now my family and I live in Haughton, LA. I have a great wife, Rachel, who doesn't give me too much grief when I devote too much time and money to this sport I love so much! I have two daughters, Stefanie & Morgan, and two awesome grandchildren, Blaine and Broox. I am an Operator for Calumet in Princeton, LA where we refine hydrocarbons to produce premium naphthenic oils.

I picked up traditional archery sometime in 2007 when my mom and dad gave me a Martin X-200. While it is a great bow...I think it was a little too much weight to start with. At the time, I knew very little about proper form or tuning and I didn't have any instruction so the learning curve was tremendous. It was at least two years before I felt confident enough to hunt.

Somewhere along the way I stumbled into a 3D shoot and I was instantly hooked on this newfound game! I am grateful for all the friendships I have made in the traditional community and I am most thankful that my Dad and I have spent so much time together at the shoots.

I've gone through a number of bows over the years and I still have a bunch. My favorites are a Bob Lee takedown recurve, a Bob Lee one piece longbow and an Osage selfbow that I will be devoting a lot more time to shooting this year.

Comment

I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time shooting Saca and I didn't get to make it to the Barksdale shoot that I thought I would. I did get to bring her down south to the Louisiana Traditional Bowmen shoot today in St. Landry. I didn't do her any justice though. It was a great time though! I was fortunate enough to shoot my round with some of the best people, and archers, I know...Bisch, Rusty Horn, and Kim Summerall. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367776447.899223.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	24196586Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367776462.049062.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	24196587
                    Bisch tried shooting Saca left-handed...and did well!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367776561.931617.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	24196588

Comment

WOW cool I so want to get myself a bow

Comment

I was forturnate to meet this bow everyone has been writing about today. The bow maker himself told me about SACA. Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

It was great seeing you today, Eric! I'm glad I got to fling a few arrows through Sacajawea too. I am confident that when it comes to my turn with her, I can kill something with her, if given the chance.

I am also confident (as it shows in the pic) that my form sux left handed!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            It was great seeing you today, Eric! I'm glad I got to fling a few arrows through Sacajawea too. I am confident that when it comes to my turn with her, I can kill something with her, if given the chance.

I am also confident (as it shows in the pic) that my form sux left handed!

Bisch
                            It was a fun time with you today! Congrats on your trophies! Bad form or not, you still hit the target! However, I'd go after them critters right-handed when it comes your turn

Comment

Great story Eric and yes, you were with a awesome group of folks there. I think that I have shot with all of them on a few occasions.

Comment

Ok.... I recieved the little bow today.
                                My goal as you would expect is to kill something with it.
                                My normal 1-7/8" cut heads are a bit much for the poundage so I started digging around and remembered I had several of the 300 grain Tuff Broad heads left from the other hunt.
                                Dug through my bucket of assorted arrows looking for something that would shoot well with a 300 grain tip.

Name:	ll.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	24198754

Comment

Working...
                                X