Wednesday Evening Bliss at the Hogboy Hilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Evening Bliss at the Hogboy Hilton

Arrived just after 5pm at farm, kicked Boomer out at the gate so he could get his run and completely blow by his little girlfriend Bella to see his Uncle Hogboy. We talked a bit while we unloaded for the eve, dogs totally occupied, well Bella was with Boomer at least. 6ish we got ready for the sit not knowing what's all coming in though Hogboy's reports have been very accurate from his last outage. We jump in the Yota, park, gear up and step off to our split where I head to Deb's down the middle sender and he goes to Gpa's. On stand, locked in by 6:30, FINAL checks and I'm in for the duration. Had lot's of deer action on my hand corn and protein till the feeder threw at 7pm. Those greedy buggers came right back in, munching the newly laid golden nuggets until a nice size hog showed up (8:28pm) but only showed his head. Yes I thought about a head shot BUT that's rifle work for me. It buggered off and the deer show continued at the protein until a pair of good size boars in single file busted out of the fence/wood line (8:35) out into the middle sender heading straight to me. As the lead boar approaches the protein feeder (18yds) he spooks which freezes the rear hog, Both their noses go into the air. Well the spooked hog gives me a 30yd, quartering away, left side opening so I settled the pin and let it rip. I immediately got concerned upon the sound of impact. Sounded like I shot a foam target only this one tore *** out of there not very happy with my Nocturnal glowing green. I texted Hogboy (8:40ish) 1 hog shot but questionable, tore off into the wood between our sets. Ohh so while I'm doing this I hear splashing in the waller over my right shoulder and there's a small but large bodied sounder just out for a stroll. A VERY LARGE white w/black patched hog is heading to the EMPTY hog pipe. Sniffs and spooks out to 31yds because I put the 30 on it and slapped it's belly. Text Hogboy again and reported my miss. Got down and started the track on my shot hog. I knew where he went in and lucky for me that's where the blood actually started because when he went through the fence he toted that arrow through with him opening the wound to bleed. I tracked blood probably 20yds into the woods finding 3/4 of my arrow and a cold blood trail. Hogboy wanted to put Bella on the scene and she had him pegged but couldn't get through or over the underbrush plus it was tight back there so Bella went back to the truck in case things got a little western. Hogboy decided to drive around to a corner cut sendero on the other side of the trail we were on. I went back to where Bella had gotten stalled, pulled my pistol, found a parallel trail, side stepped and not 5yds from where Bella was last, under a deadfall or just nose dived there either way I'll give Bella the find and take the bow kill. Thanks Hogboy for the gracious hospitality and opportunity to earn my keep.

CAVEAT: Difficult to pose when your tail feathers are full of thorns.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BenBen; 05-24-2018, 03:15 PM. Reason: Terrible spelling

Ohhh the flash!

Comment

Well done Ben Ben, that brush is flat nasty between deb's and grandpa's.

Comment

Good shooting on a big pig Benben. Sorry about the bad phone photos, but I didn't want any part of dragging that stinky thing out of there. Thanks also for being tractor jockey and mowing some today.

Comment

Big ole hog congrats

Comment

Thanks all. Always fun no matter what we are doing.

Comment

The bigger ones always know if anything is even slightly out of sorts. Congratulations on taking that heavy boar at 30 yards with bow and arrow. Sounds like a very fun hunt. Sometimes I think shooting a big hog like that with the bow is more fun than shooting a doe. Very rewarding.

Comment

Absolutely

Comment

Congrats on the Pig Ben, looks like another Great Time at the Hilton

Comment

Way to go BenBen!!!!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X