No announcement yet.

Cabo Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im so ready to go back! wanted to go again this year.... but noooo, the kids wanted to go to Disney world......

Comment

Originally posted by STONE View Post
      Thank you blntrey3, Do I need to notify my bank if we plan on using our cards?
      If you are planning on using your cell phone, I would also let them know you are traveling to Mex.

When I went to Cabo, I thought it was one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been to.

Comment

it was 20$ for my wife and I to ride into town every time we went. just be prepared for that.

Comment

I think Krivoman just got back from there. He may chime in if he is on.

Comment

Thanks for all of the helpful info folks, I'll make the call to the bank on Friday a and let them know.. Looking forward to a week away from the chaos!!

Comment

As far as the fishing, book ahead or wing it? Not sure momma will do a full day but who knows..

Comment

We used Pisces and did real well with the marlin. They took care of everything. Keep your cash locked up. House keeping took a guy for around $500 while we were there since he didn't have it in the safe. Hang on to that key. If you loose it they will charge you around $60 or more to drill it out. Don't ask how I know

Comment

Originally posted by STONE View Post
                  As far as the fishing, book ahead or wing it? Not sure momma will do a full day but who knows..
                  I'd book ahead with someone like pisces or red rum. I got nothing but good things to say about red rum. They provide water and lunch/snacks, ice, and bait and if you're booking ahead you can pay for license and they'll have them ready for you as well.

Comment

If it's all inclusive and you plan on relying on the resort for most things, then I would just bring $500 or so for tips, incidentals, souvenirs, etc. Also, as stated, major credit card will do just fine as well. I always like to have a little cash just in case. In a pinch, everyone will take dollars, especially in very touristy area like Cabo. Cash is also good for tips on charters and other excursions/tours.

Last time I stayed at an all inclusive for a week, I panicked a bit and brought $1,000 not knowing a whole lot about the place. Came home with like $800 and felt kind of dumb for bringing so much.

Comment

12 dollars.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies!! I think I have a good understanding of what to take now!

Comment

If you want to get out for a very VERY nice dinner with her Look up "Sunset de Mona Lisa" Amazing place with amazing views. She will love it. I just got back on Friday. Another really cool place and new to the area is the Cape rooftop bar. Really cool place. Other than that you should be fine in the inclusive hotel. All the food and drinks you will ever need.. You are gonna need about 200 bucks for Mona Lisa. Maybe 150. It is worth it. Ask for a table down the hill near waters edge. Book it for 7:30 and you will get the sunset treatment.

Comment

dont get stuck at he resort because its all inclusive. go out and eat and enjoy the town!

i usually take 2k. Half of that is for fishing.

Comment

I doubt you are gonna leave the room much

Tips for the swim up bar. One fishing trip. One golf excursion

Comment

The wife and I are headed there Thursday for our 4th time, I usually take about 500 in cash but try to use my card for everything minus tips. Ive fished with red rum but I really like Sport Fishing Cabo with "Hector the director and fish collector" lol. We are staying at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. I'm probably going to do some fishing so if you cant get the wife to go pm me and maybe we can schedule something if you dont mind fishing with a TBHer. Good luck and Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                                X