This is going to be fun to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be fun to watch

The Democrat governor of Oregon says she will refuse to send the Oregon National Guard to the southern border when President Trump calls for them to go down there. I can't figure out where state officials think they have the right to refuse to enforce federal law or comply with federal orders. I don't know how President Trump gets out of bed everyday knowing that it will be a battle all day long to do what people elected him to do, even with the folks in his party.

Time to start loadind buses and send them to Oregon.

Comment

Just need to refuse to send a penny in federal funding for anything to any state that refuses to live up to their federal responsibilities.
      Then, jail any elected official who refuses the same.
      Liberals are terrible people who apparently hope this country ends up like the dirt poor crap south of our border

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Just need to refuse to send a penny in federal funding for anything to any state that refuses to live up to their federal responsibilities.
        Then, jail any elected official who refuses the same.
        Liberals are terrible people who apparently hope this country ends up like the dirt poor crap south of our border
        As long the elected officials pulling this crap are standing on top of that dirt pile when it happens...they don't care.

Comment

The National Guard can be federalized like they did in Arkansas in 1957 . One day they are working for the Governor to prevent integration, the next day they are working for the President to support integration.
          Last edited by grizzman; 04-05-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Better question is have they changed the policies for the troops going down there? Last time they sent guys my FIL told me the troops' hands were tied so bad that BP felt like they were really just in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              Better question is have they changed the policies for the troops going down there? Last time they sent guys my FIL told me the troops' hands were tied so bad that BP felt like they were really just in the way.
              Very true. My brother is an agent and he said all the guard wass allowed to do was observe and report. Nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                The Democrat governor of Oregon says she will refuse to send the Oregon National Guard to the southern border when President Trump calls for them to go down there. I can't figure out where state officials think they have the right to refuse to enforce federal law or comply with federal orders. I don't know how President Trump gets out of bed everyday knowing that it will be a battle all day long to do what people elected him to do, even with the folks in his party.
                Lol how times have changed. Shoes don't feel so good on the other foot, huh?

Bet you weren't complaining when Abbott stood up to Obama.

Comment

Border patrol guy on the radio this morning said they would put the guard in positions of monitoring video cameras and motion sensors and stuff. So that it would free up more BP agents to be boots on the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

35remington, are you talking about when Governor Abbott challenged President Obama to come and take our guns if he used executive action to impose stiffer gun laws without going thru Congress? If that is it there is a great deal of difference between the two- one is trying to circumvent constitutional procedure to seek your end versus trying to secure our border from invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Abbot stand up to obama's plan to allow a un impeded flow of illegals to swarm our country and This idiot is standing up to Trump in his attempt to prevent the swarm of illegals?
                      I would say one is a patriot and the other needs a prison cell

Comment

For more information: http://bit.ly/2dvkdLk SUBSCRIBE to get the latest from Governor Abbott: https://bit.ly/4cR5sySVisit Governor Abbott’s Official Website ...

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Of course we weren’t complaining when our governor was trying to stop illegal aliens from pouring into our state, any sane person wouldn’t complain about that just like any sane person should be complaining about Oregon not supporting the president trying to secure our border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Eliminate the EO

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                            one is trying to circumvent constitutional procedure to seek your end.
                            That alway ****** me off. I wish the republicans in congress would do the American people a favor and do away with the Executive Order. That's one that was definitely not created by the founding fathers.

Comment

Let's face it, both sides abuse their powers at pretty much all levels. Can't help but think we are headed toward a serious Constitutional crisis and some form of civil war if this continues. Executive orders, selective enforcement of laws, targeting, etc. We're outraged when the other side defies what we agree with but defend our side when the situation is reversed.

Personally, I think it is a bogus request that would deploy the Oregon national guard to defend our southern border with Mexico when we are not in a war time. I don't blame them. Now with regard to the sanctuary cities and cutting off federal resources, I completely agree with the President.

Bottom line is that holding the other side to a standard that we don't hold our own side to and getting angry about it seems like a waste of energy. We might be better off holding our own side to a higher standard of leadership starting with the guy in the WH.

Comment

Working...
                              X