Disney finally does it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"...paragon of family values, Disney"

Seriously? They haven't carried that mantle for at least 15 years. Nickelodeon isn't any better.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      It’s all over. I rarely watch tv, my wife does while I’m working in the evenings, and the **** I hear in shows or in ads blows my mind. Very close to cutting cable altogether to rid our household of the BS. We watch most of everything outside of cable.

Very sick times we are living in and I’m raising a 2 y/o and a soon to be new baby in them.. very concerned parent.
      I agree, very sad times we are living in. I hate how much society has changed in my 41 yrs on this earth. Its also funny to me how many people argue that change is always a good thing, that life is so much better now with tech. advancements, etc.... I'm one of the few that I know that feel we've actually regressed in a lot of ways as a human race. Can you imagine any of these things going on in our grandparent's days? Its really sad. I'm with you on TV today, total waste of time. If it wasn't for sports, I'd cancel it all. Heck, if I were single again, I would probably pull the plug just for principal sake.

Comment

I bet Walt is rolling in his grave.

Comment

Anyone watch the new Roseanne show last Night? I will never watch another....

Very sad this sickness is promoted!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
            Disney world has been having "gay day" since 1991

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I almost got kicked out of there on one of those days. We didn’t know it was the day we were going and I saw something that promoted me to drop an F bomb. A DW employee told me I would be kicked out if I said it again since “this is a family friendly place”. I pointed out the two gay guys kissing and groping each other while wearing provocative outfits and said something to the effect of ‘and that’s family friendly?!’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is why you have conversations with your Children. Heck ya, it's difficult as heck. But you absolutely have to sit them down and discuss your beliefs and tolerance to those that don't believe the same things.

We had a guy cheerleader identify as a girl after being in the gym for 2 years as a guy. The guy went away for 2 weeks, and came back fully accepted as a girl. We sat with our girls and told them that we dont hate anyone, and we are nice to everyone, but that some people believe different things than we do.

They absolutely understood that they are different, and that's them and their Family's choice. It has nothing to do with our Family or our beliefs.

Comment

Sad!!! But its what this world is coming to

But I won't give in to this crap

We gotta stand our ground

Comment

This is old news - Disney already did it back in the fall...

A show called "Andi Mack", which was so left leaning as it was, had a main character come out as gay....
                  Thank God we had already kept the kids away from it before that because of the other crap they'd talk about on the show...

Nickelodeon has a cartoon named "Loud House"....
                  Main character's best friend has gay Dads...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    This is why you have conversations with your Children. Heck ya, it's difficult as heck. But you absolutely have to sit them down and discuss your beliefs and tolerance to those that don't believe the same things.

We had a guy cheerleader identify as a girl after being in the gym for 2 years as a guy. The guy went away for 2 weeks, and came back fully accepted as a girl. We sat with our girls and told them that we dont hate anyone, and we are nice to everyone, but that some people believe different things than we do.

They absolutely understood that they are different, and that's them and their Family's choice. It has nothing to do with our Family or our beliefs.

Agreed sir...
                    It was tough to talk about in the beginning, but our strong faith & great church help lay the ground work...

Now my kids tell US what crap is on TV & why they choose not to watch certain shows anymore....

Comment

We are going in June.....can't wait now. it is the world we live in. it is tough to have some of the talks we have had with our kids, but as parents that's our job. As Christian parents, we teach our kids what we believe and whats right and wrong and why. we don't try to shelter our kids, and they know they can come to us with anything....sometimes I wish they wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by crazy horse View Post
                        agreed sir...
                        It was tough to talk about in the beginning, but our strong faith & great church help lay the ground work...

Now my kids tell us what crap is on tv & why they choose not to watch certain shows anymore....
                        amen!

Comment

I strongly believe 90% of video media is dead in the next 10 years... parents pushing kids from from mindlessly watching. If they have a screen at least make it interactive. My goal with my kids is to emphasise DOING STUFF NOT watching stuff.

Ive already decided we arnt getting cable, the nick and disney that were part of my childhood has degraded so far into crap that they are beyond repair.
                          Last edited by catslayer; 03-28-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                            There haven't been strong male leads in any sitcoms for a while. Men are portrayed as idiots whose advice and contributions are completely ignored by the family. They are like the big stupid burden for the family to bear.
                            The apropos "Last Man Standing"... ironically a show from Disney-owned ABC. Tim Allen played a conservative "traditional" father. Granted he got made fun of a lot(it's Tim Allen)... but not as much as the liberal sensibilities of most of the rest of the characters.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Neck; 03-28-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Just a sign of the times. Just about every show I get interested in, these days, works a gay couple into the mix. Difficult to find anything new that isn't this way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X