Best Home Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Whatever I can grab the quickest. I still think I need to get a chainsaw for a home defense weapon. You talk about the sound of a shotgun chambering a round making someone run,mine is already loaded. But a chainsaw would have the same affect if not even better. If you were in someone's house in the dark,you've never been there before so you don't know the layout and somewhere in the darkness you hear a chainsaw try to turn over. All the sudden the chainsaw comes to life and a half naked guy runs out swinging it,lops the legs off a table and continues towards you....you ain't gonna stay there and see what happens next.

Heck I'd probably run out fully nude just for the full affect.
    I'm afraid of what leg I would chop off.

Comment

a reliable pump shotgun with bird shot.

you boys talking $2,000 rigs (sbr with suppressor) are crazy. no way I'm leaving that rig out of the safe for the first crackhead that breaks into my house to grab.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Whatever I can grab the quickest. I still think I need to get a chainsaw for a home defense weapon. You talk about the sound of a shotgun chambering a round making someone run,mine is already loaded. But a chainsaw would have the same affect if not even better. If you were in someone's house in the dark,you've never been there before so you don't know the layout and somewhere in the darkness you hear a chainsaw try to turn over. All the sudden the chainsaw comes to life and a half naked guy runs out swinging it,lops the legs off a table and continues towards you....you ain't gonna stay there and see what happens next.

Heck I'd probably run out fully nude just for the full affect.

Comment

Shotgun beside the bed and a XDM full-size 40cal on my nightstand. Both are loaded and ready to go.

They do have to get thru the 3 dogs in the living room first and I doubt that will happen without waking me up.

Comment

Sign on the door warning house protected by a pitbull with aids.
            For non lethal shotgun with rock salt loads.

Comment

I personally like my VEPR12...keep 12 round mag in it.

I do like the new magazine fed Rem 870 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                This and preferably suppressed. An AR15 with the right ammo (think 40 grain VMAX type stuff) over penetrates way less than a typical defensive handgun or a shotgun with 00 buck.

Bird shot in a shotgun wouldn’t even be a consideration for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                2 shot - 6 shot would leave a dang good blood trail to track the guy once he gets out of your house. You may or may not kill him but I bet you puncture some lungs and damage some organs. If you are apprehensive about if you could pull the trigger to actually kill someone but still want to protect your family, I think this is a guiltless way of doing it. Some people, most, aren't built to kill...even in defense.

Comment

Pit bull with aids!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    A dog, most break in's result from checking a house first. If you have a dog barking they don't come back.
                    Somewhere, I read that of reasons criminals chose not to break into a house #1 was a barking dog. I think they questioned criminals in prison for this.

Comment

I'd do a pump shotgun with Birdshot as it won't go through walls as easy and pumping a shotgun as a warning isn't a good idea. Gives up your position. The fact that the door was locked or that this isn't their house and their stuff is warning enough.

Comment

This :: My guard cat. She mean as hell !
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6clay9pFaw

Comment

[ATTACH]891604[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                a reliable pump shotgun with bird shot.

you boys talking $2,000 rigs (sbr with suppressor) are crazy. no way I'm leaving that rig out of the safe for the first crackhead that breaks into my house to grab.
                                Or, you could keep it in the safe when you aren't at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X